[1.7.10][SOLVED] Detect multiplayer / remote server

FlameAtronach93

Hello,

I have code I do not wish to execute on client side when connected to a remote server. I tried checking Minecraft.getServer() which is null until a singleplayer game has been started at least once. Beyond that point it will always be the integrated server instance - so this is not a viable solution.

Also testing !Minecraft.getServer().isDedicatedServer() won't work since the returned server instance is still the IntegratedServer.

Comparing the world name of Minecraft.getMinecraft().theWorld against "MpServer" doesn't help either since that world will always be the MpServer world.

The same obviously holds true for Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.worldObj.

I'm running out of ideas... I've read other forum posts, including one suggesting to check the server's player list size, but that depended on MinecraftServer.getServer() which we've covered above... may have worked in the past, but not here.

So, how can one reliably detect on client side whether the player is connected to a dedicated server?

Cheers and thank you in advance for any assistance!