Gui screen

GodOfYeti

To add on:

20 ticks equals a second.

(I'll let you do the math for minute and hour, because that's simple math)

24000 ticks equals a Minecraft day (which is 20 minutes IRL).

And so on, and so forth. Just so you know the conversions.

-Mitchellbrine

Minecraft can do ANYTHING, it's coded in Java and you got the full power of Java behind you when you code. So nothing is impossible.

It may be freaking fucking hard though, but still possible ;)

If you create a topic on Modder Support, live by this motto:

I don't want your charity, I want your information

You can always create a gui that does not require a container. You only need to return null for your server element. (Probably wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure that's okay to do).

-Mitchellbrine

Minecraft can do ANYTHING, it's coded in Java and you got the full power of Java behind you when you code. So nothing is impossible.

You can always create a gui that does not require a container. You only need to return null for your server element. (Probably wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure that's okay to do).

Or you could just use the RenderGameOverlay event and draw it that way if it's something he wants up always.

Or you could just use the RenderGameOverlay event and draw it that way if it's something he wants up always.

He wants a gui, not something rendering over in the ingame GUI. He could use that, but he wants to have a gui.

-Mitchellbrine

He wants a gui, not something rendering over in the ingame GUI. He could use that, but he wants to have a gui.

Well, it sounds like that is what he wants: "how can I make a gui on the ingame screen"

If you want to make a Gui that opens with button you will need to extend GuiScreen.

in initGui() you will place all buttons and declare "new" objects. in draw method you can do whatever you want. Note that initGui() is called everytime you resize window. Also: a lot of fields are alredy initialized in superclass (GuiScreen) so for mc/fontRenderer use existing ones.

To draw stuff aligned you will use this.width and this.height (eg. to draw in center:  this.width/2, this.height/2)

fontRenderer is your friend for drawin strings.

Note: before you start drawing some texture you always have to bind it.

To open GuiScreen you can use Minecraft.getMinecraft().displayGuiScreen(new MyGuiScreen());

This can be called via button-press (using button events).

This should give you some start.

Otherwise yeah - RenderGameOverlay is your friend for drawing on ingameScreen (like health/exp bar).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.