Can't create Clay Soldiers

chin00kie

When my son tries to mix the soulsand and clay nothing happens. 

There are no error messages and the screen information is as follows:

Minecraft 1.3.2

FML v3.1.35.394

Minecraft Forge 4.2.5.303

2 mods loaded, 2 mods active

I have forced Minecraft to load a clean .jar many times and followed the installation instructions by downloading the "Minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.303 WinRAR ZIP file" and copying the files into the minecraft .jar, delete the Meta.inf and place the "Minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.303" as the only file in the "mods" folder.

When minecraft loads it says that Forge is setting up the environment and it loads the librarys.

It appears that everything is working as it should be but it just does not work.

The machine is running a 32 bit copy of Windows XP and has the very latest upgrade of 32 bit Java.  The "options" say that it would work better with a 64 bit version of java but for now that is impossible.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

I am not fluent with "Forums" or "Forge" or even "Minecraft", I am just an "old goat" trying to fix this game for my boys because they love "Minecraft" and they think Clay Soldiers" is the very best mod.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Thank you for answering so quickly.  I used the link that you provided to instruct me in loading "Forge".  I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong so I repeat the process over and over. I think it may have been Einstein who said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".  I am not insane, just ignorant!  I can see two possible departures or questions with the instructions:

1) You state the the Forge mod is a "jar" mod.  When I put the downloaded file in the "mods"folder it is in a "zip" file format.  Is that a problem?  I have even tried to unzip the contents of the archive into the mods folder but that didn't help.  I have only the archive in the mods folder at this time. 

2)At one time I had installed "modloader" to get "Too many items" to work.  There are some modloader text files in the minecfaft folder but that is all.  Do those files have to be deleted?  The clean Minecraft .jar file has eliminated "Too many items" and any other mods we may have tried to use.  My sons do not care about anything but your "Clay Soldiers" and I am failing them at being able to help them.  I would be very grateful if you could give me a little guidance.  Thank you. 

1. Forge doesn't go in the mods folder! It goes into the minecraft.jar like ModLoader (but not install them together, be sure you downloaded the universal package of Forge, not the source one). After that done (and deleted META_INF of course), start it once. If it crashes, first be sure the mods folder is empty. If it's empty and it still crashes, download the jar files mentioned in the instructions and put them into the lib folder. Then Minecraft should start with Forge. After that done, put the Clay Soldiers Mod jar file into the mods folder and (re-)start Minecraft. Done.

2. You got that clean jar by force update, do you? If yes, you should be fine. Don't install ModLoader with Forge! For a replacement of TMI (Too Many Items) which completely works with Forge, use NEI (Not Enough Items). Google it and follow the installation instructions for it exactly.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

You are wonderful!  Thank you for your help and prompt reply. I tried your suggestion and emptied the "mods" folder.  When I started Minecraft with the empty "mods" folder we had the same problem.  Everything looks like it should be working but when we try to make soldiers nothing happens.  It is frustrating. 

I feel ignorant but I must ask how to make the forge file a ".jar" file.  My file is [minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.303] it is a WinRAR ZIP file not a ".jar" file unless they are considered to be the same thing.  Is the .zip file a .jar file?  I am embarrassed to ask such a question because it really parades my ignorance.  Thank you for being patient with me and for offering the way to get "not enough items".  My boys are excited because we feel certain that we can make this work.  Thank you.

Okay, again. This is in the install tutorial I gave you:

• Download the recommented universal build (or the latest if the recommented doesn't work for you, but NOT the source!) from here: LINK
  • Open that archive with an archiver. I recommend 7zip.
  • Open your minecraft.jar in your .minecraft/bin directory with your chosen archiver (7zip)
  • Copy all files from the downloaded forge package into the minecraft.jar
  • Delete your META_INF in your minecraft.jar, if you're running Windows or Linux. If you're on a Mac, then go into the META_INF and delete only the files which begin with MOJANG! Leave the rest untouched.
  • Close all open archiver windows and start your Minecraft client once. Forge needs to download some libraries and will set up the environment the first time. If you don't have an internet connection or it's really bad at the time (or it crashes / blackscreens at the start), go to the point "Download and install needed libraries".
  • After it has been set up by Forge, close your Minecraft. It is now ready for Forge / FML mods (ModLoader mods, too)!

Follow each step exactly.

If you have a question about one of these points, ask.

PS: You can also use a launcher. If you rather want to use a custom launcher (MultiMC or MagicLauncher), here are the instructions for MultiMC:

• Download MultiMC from here: LINK
  • Follow the install instructions there (title: "How do I install it?").
  • Download the current version of Clay Soldiers. It should be a jar file. Don't open it! Just save it somewhere you can find it again later!
  • After starting MultiMC, click the white-paper-with-star icon (the first from left) in the toolbar to add a new instance.
  • Give your instance a name (here for example "Minecraft")
  • After clicking "OK" or pressing enter, you should see a new icon on the left side with your instance "Minecraft". Either double click it now or click once on it and press the "Play" button on the right.
  • Enter your login information and click "OK" afterwards. It will download a new Minecraft and after that it will start it.
  • Close the opened Minecraft window and click on your instance again (if it isn't selected). Click then on "Edit Mods"
  • You'll see a new window with different tabs. "Jar Mods" should be active. Click here on the button "MCForge", select "minecraftforge-universal-recommented" and click "OK". It will download Minecraft Forge for you.
  • Start your instance again, so Forge can setup the environment for it and create the mods folder.
  • After Forge has downloaded the libraries, close the opened Minecraft window and click on your instance again (if it isn't selected). Click then on "Edit Mods" (again)
  • Click now on the tab "Mods Folder", click on "Add", go to the directory where you saved the Clay Soldiers jar, select it and click on "Open".
  • Click on "Close" now and start your instance a third time. Enjoy playing with Clay Soldiers!

mah twitter