Help, method in EntityLivingBase is not public

Manslaughter777

So i made a living entity event class but one of the methods i need is not public in the EntityLivingBase class,what can i do?

LivingEvent class

public class EntityLivingEventMoon {

private Random rand;

@SubscribeEvent
public void updateEntity(LivingUpdateEvent event) {
	boolean flag = event.entityLiving instanceof EntityPlayer && ((EntityPlayer)event.entityLiving).capabilities.disableDamage;

if (event.entityLiving.isEntityAlive() && event.entityLiving.isInsideOfMaterial(Material.air))
        {
            if (!event.entityLiving.canBreatheUnderwater() && !event.entityLiving.isPotionActive(Potion.waterBreathing.id) && !flag)
            {
            	event.entityLiving.setAir(event.entityLiving.decreaseAirSupply(event.entityLiving.getAir())); //decreaseAirSupply is not visible

if (event.entityLiving.getAir() == -20)
                {
                	event.entityLiving.setAir(0);

for (int i = 0; i < 8; ++i)
                    {
                        float f = this.rand.nextFloat() - this.rand.nextFloat();
                        float f1 = this.rand.nextFloat() - this.rand.nextFloat();
                        float f2 = this.rand.nextFloat() - this.rand.nextFloat();
                        event.entityLiving.worldObj.spawnParticle("bubble", event.entityLiving.posX + (double)f, event.entityLiving.posY + (double)f1, event.entityLiving.posZ + (double)f2, event.entityLiving.motionX, event.entityLiving.motionY, event.entityLiving.motionZ);
                    }

event.entityLiving.attackEntityFrom(DamageSource.drown, 2.0F);
                }
            }

if (!event.entityLiving.worldObj.isRemote && event.entityLiving.isRiding() && event.entityLiving.ridingEntity != null && event.entityLiving.ridingEntity.shouldDismountInWater(event.entityLiving))
            {
            	event.entityLiving.mountEntity((Entity)null);
            }
        }
        else
        {
        	event.entityLiving.setAir(300);
        }

}

}

The method i need to somehow make public which i have no clue how to do:

protected int decreaseAirSupply(int air)
    {
        int j = EnchantmentHelper.getRespiration(this); //"this" needs to be entitylivingbase since i took the method straight from that class.
        return j > 0 && this.rand.nextInt(j + 1) > 0 ? air: air- 1;
    }

any help would be great :D

Calling that function isn't going to do you any good (see below).  As soon as the entity gets another update tick, its air supply will reset.

I told you to use IEEP to track "your" air.  Which means replicating the effects of that private function on "your" data.

if (this.isEntityAlive() && this.isInsideOfMaterial(Material.water)) { //stuff }
else {
    this.setAir(300);
}

No matter what you do to the air supply of an entity, if it is not in water, that air supply value will ALWAYS be reset.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Calling that function isn't going to do you any good (see below).  As soon as the entity gets another update tick, its air supply will reset.

I told you to use IEEP to track "your" air.  Which means replicating the effects of that private function on "your" data.

if (this.isEntityAlive() && this.isInsideOfMaterial(Material.water)) { //stuff }
else {
    this.setAir(300);
}

No matter what you do to the air supply of an entity, if it is not in water, that air supply value will ALWAYS be reset.

How would I go about tracking "my" air and replicating it? (Sorry for late reply)

IExtendedEntityProperties

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

You should replicate the effect of the Air Bubble, and save & load the data from the entity using the IEEP.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

Pretty much