[1.7.10] World spawn point keeps resetting

Manslaughter777

Ive made it so when u right click a sattelite it sets your spawn point in my dimension (not the surface!). This works fine... except after i restart the world or game the spawn point "resets". Yes, i probably need to use nbt data but how would i go about doing that in the block class?

BlockSattelite:

package com.manslaughter777.moondimension.blocks;

import com.manslaughter777.moondimension.Main;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound;
import net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentText;
import net.minecraft.util.IChatComponent;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class BlockSattelite extends Block {

public BlockSattelite() {
	super(Material.iron);

this.setBlockName("sattelite");
	this.setBlockTextureName(Main.MODID + ":sattelite");
	this.setCreativeTab(Main.moonTab);
	this.setHardness(4.5F);
}

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer player, int p_149727_6_, float p_149727_7_, float p_149727_8_, float p_149727_9_)
    {
	if(world.provider.dimensionId == Main.dimensionId) {
		world.setSpawnLocation(x, y, z); //BlockBed
		player.addChatMessage(new ChatComponentText("[sattelite] Activated! Moon Navigator's will now point to this sattelite"));
	}

return true;
    }

}

Ive made it so when u right click a sattelite it sets your spawn point in my dimension (not the surface!). This works fine... except after i restart the world or game the spawn point "resets". Yes, i probably need to use nbt data but how would i go about doing that in the block class?

BlockSattelite:

super(Material.iron);

this.setHardness(4.5F);
}

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer player, int p_149727_6_, float p_149727_7_, float p_149727_8_, float p_149727_9_)
    {
		player.addChatMessage(new ChatComponentText("[sattelite] Activated! Moon Navigator's will now point to this sattelite"));
	}

return true;
    }

}

Umm.. This world.setSpawnLocation(x, y, z); re-sets it for the entire world. Try to set it for the player specifically. You might have to write your own code for this.

BlockSattelite:

super(Material.iron);

this.setHardness(4.5F);
}

{
	}

return true;
    }

}

Umm.. This world.setSpawnLocation(x, y, z); re-sets it for the entire world. Try to set it for the player specifically. You might have to write your own code for this.

That's what I want, I want it to set the spawn point in the dimension. It does do that, but whenever I restart the game or re enter the world it doesn't save the location and it "resets". however... It seems to work on the surface (it saves) but not in my dimension...

That's what I want, I want it to set the spawn point in the dimension. It does do that, but whenever I restart the game or re enter the world it doesn't save the location and it "resets". however... It seems to work on the surface (it saves) but not in my dimension...

Like I said, you need to write your own code for this. Use IExtendedEntityProperties it's called and then use that to save the coordinates.

Like I said, you need to write your own code for this. Use IExtendedEntityProperties it's called and then use that to save the coordinates.

Ok got it, thnx