[1.8]Creating Player Model Animations?

Mecblader

Hello, I was just wondering how complicated it would be to add new player model animations, or poses, whenever a certain event is triggered. If it is reasonable, in terms of effort, then how would i have to go about adding new player model animations?

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

What kind of animation do you looking for? If it just uses vanilla player model parts, you can do it easily in RenderPlayerEvent, by modifying the model's rotation value.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

I tried using that as an event a tried registering the event with both: MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new CLASSGOESHERE); & FMLCommonHandler.instance().bus().register(new CLASSGOESHERE());, but the event is not being called. I have worked with other events before, but am I using this one wrong?

Don't be afraid to ask question when modding, there are no stupid question! Unless you don't know java then all your questions are stupid!

Well basically I added a different fishing system into minecraft an I want to make the player bend over and render the item, being a fishing net, in the water.

I would do that, but my mod is meant to be a a standalone mod, except forge of course.  My mod completely overhauls minecraft, meaning that is will not be and is not intended to be compatible with other mods and I wanted it be be a pickup and go kind of mod, meaning that I don't really want the user to have to download the api and then use it.

OK, so I have overridden the whole RenderPlayer class, via reflection during the the post init period in my client proxy class, with my new class that extends RenderPlayer, but none of the methods seem to be called, did I do it wrong.

My reflection code(keep in mind that I have not done reflection very often before, I know about it, but not much experience with it)

Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();
	Field privateStringField = null;

try {
		privateStringField = RenderManager.class.getDeclaredField("field_178637_m");
	} catch (NoSuchFieldException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	} catch (SecurityException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	}

privateStringField.setAccessible(true);

//Test Code
	try {
		Log.println("Before: " + privateStringField.get(mc.getRenderManager()));
	} catch (IllegalArgumentException e1) {
		e1.printStackTrace();
	} catch (IllegalAccessException e1) {
		e1.printStackTrace();
	}
//Test Code
	PlayerRender playerRender = new PlayerRender(mc.getRenderManager());
	Log.println("New: " + playerRender);
	try {
		privateStringField.set(mc.getRenderManager(), playerRender);
	} catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	} catch (IllegalAccessException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	}

//Test Code
	try {
		Log.println("After: " + privateStringField.get(mc.getRenderManager()));
	} catch (IllegalArgumentException e1) {
		e1.printStackTrace();
	} catch (IllegalAccessException e1) {
		e1.printStackTrace();
	}

privateStringField.setAccessible(false);

My RenderPlayerClass(Don't really think you'll need it, but here is it anyway)

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public class PlayerRender extends RenderPlayer {

public PlayerRender(RenderManager renderManager) {
	this(renderManager, true);
}

public PlayerRender(RenderManager renderManager, boolean useSmallArms) {
	super(renderManager, useSmallArms);
}
}