How to get the EntityPlayerMP from the command sender

AyyyyLmao

Problem with commands is that they can also be executed by non-player objects (command blocks for example).

What you need to to then is check if the ICommandSender is an instance of EntityPlayerMP, if yes, cast to it and do your stuff.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

not sure what your problem is, here's the code

EntityPlayerMP player = (EntityPlayerMP) sender; 

1) Don't give copy-paste ready code, it doesn't help anyone

2) What is

sender

isn't a

EntityPlayerMP

?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

not sure what your problem is, here's the code

EntityPlayerMP player = (EntityPlayerMP) sender; 

1) Don't give copy-paste ready code, it doesn't help anyone

2) What is

sender

isn't a

EntityPlayerMP

?

Its ICommandSender

Sorry but I couldn't help but notice your username.

Reddit?

Its my IGN :P I dont have reddit ;-;

There are 2 types of icommand sender. player and console. so check if the sender is an instance of player and if it is an player cast it to entityplayermp

I need to get to get the EntityClientPlayerMP, but i cant cast it to EntityPlayerMP .-.

java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityClientPlayerMP cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP

There are 2 types of icommand sender. player and console. so check if the sender is an instance of player and if it is an player cast it to entityplayermp

I need to get to get the EntityClientPlayerMP, but i cant cast it to EntityPlayerMP .-.

java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityClientPlayerMP cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP

If you are creating a command the /execute method will give u a ICommandSender. make a if statement if this is instanceof EntityPlayerMP. If it is an instanceof EntityPlayerMP you can cast it to one and use it how you wish.

This method works, I'm actually using it in my own mod.

You must be doing something wrong.

EntityPlayerMP exists only on server side.

Commands registered using FMLServerStartingEvent call execute() on server side, therefore you can cast ICS to EntityPlayerMP.

Why do you need EntityClientPlayerMP? If you are looking for Client commands, they should be registered with ClientCommandHandler.instance.registerCommand(cmd);

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

You must be doing something wrong.

EntityPlayerMP exists only on server side.

Commands registered using FMLServerStartingEvent call execute() on server side, therefore you can cast ICS to EntityPlayerMP.

Why do you need EntityClientPlayerMP? If you are looking for Client commands, they should be registered with ClientCommandHandler.instance.registerCommand(cmd);

Everytime i use the command i get this

[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityClientPlayerMP cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.ayyyylmao.ping.cmds.PingCommand.func_71515_b(PingCommand.java:49)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraftforge.client.ClientCommandHandler.func_71556_a(ClientCommandHandler.java:72)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiChat.func_146403_a(GuiChat.java:141)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiChat.func_73869_a(GuiChat.java:131)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146282_l(GuiScreen.java:319)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:276)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
[22:08:22] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: 	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

I helped you on your last thread by giving you a snippet of code. If you can not figure it out let me expand on that. As I am unaware which version you are doing this for or the MCP mappings being used the method you need to override may be different.

@Override public void processCommand(ICommandSender sender, String[] args) {
  if (sender instanceof EntityPlayer) {
    player.addChatComponentMessage(new ChatComponentText(String.valueOf(((EntityPlayerMP) sender).ping)))
  }
}