A New Idea

mine1117

To start i appoligize if this is not where I am supposed to post this kind of thing I am new to this whole posting thing

second i have search for a mod that will do this idea and I can't find any thing that fits

and third I am not a modder but I am aware of the work that it takes to program anything!

so I do understand that this Idea may not be possible or may not be worth the work it may take

now on to the idea I have noticed in games like zelda that when you have like a mystical forest there are these floating

fuzzy dust things in the air

like in this picture: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/139979/2181873-lost_woods__majora_s_mask_.png

they serve no purpose but they add to the atmosphere and I was wondering how hard it would be to make a mod

that would add something like this to forest biomes

just small glowing fuzz balls floating through the air that do nothing but float and do not collide with the environment or player

they do not even have to put out light (I think if they put out light it would hog resources) I will mention that If

no one wants to bother with creating this kind of thing I understand but if they could post a link or something

pointing me in the right direction as to what I need to learn in order to do this I will look into it my self and

see if I can create something like this myself. again I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section or even wrong site!

i was unsure as to where i should be posting this kind of thing

basicly as a summary I was thinking of this as like a particle effect

my email address is: mine1117@live.ca if anyone needs it to contact me thanx  :)

Like this?

slide2.png

This is part of the upcoming Betweenlands mod.

sweet this is excatly the kind of thing i was thinking

So i'm guessing you guys did what I said though:

Make a PlayerEvent

Spawn particles around the player by using world.spawnparticles("particlecrap", players position in X, Y and Z + random.nextFloats);

?

And dont worry, our ones will probably be coldly blue frost things

so... would it be possible for me to make a simple mod for my own small personal server?

of course i understand that a few more lines of code may be needed to determine when a player is in a certain biome

I thought this would've worked but It doesnt, nothing happens:

@ForgeSubscribe
public void playerEvent(PlayerEvent event)
{
	int var1 = MathHelper.floor_double(event.entityPlayer.posX);
        int var2 = MathHelper.floor_double(event.entityPlayer.posZ);
        BiomeGenBase var3 = event.entityPlayer.worldObj.getBiomeGenForCoords(var1, var2);

if(var3.biomeID == BiomeGenBase.forest.biomeID)
	{
		particle stuff
	}
}