[Solved][1.6.4] Trying to walk on water

shmcrae

shadow stop saying that, i don't want to update leave me alone

qYwfEaH.jpg

But seriously, guys here, on forums, are right.

As to your problem. If your armour wouldn't be giving flying ability - idea below would not work, BUT it will since it does give flying.

As long as client will know that player has full set, you can spawn block underneath player in PlayerTickEvent (Side: CLIENT, Phase: START). Simply check if block below is instanceof water and change it (client-side) to some block (ice for example).

This way:

- Server block will still stay water.

- Other player will view water you are walkin gon as water, not ice (you are doing it client side)

- Since server allows you to fly, you will not get "laggy" dropping-down effect when walking on those ghost-blocks.

- Coords for those spawned ghost blocks can be stored in client proxy and removed after time.

- After relog/armour-special-effect disable - you ghost block will stop working.

I don't know how much of it can be done in 1.6.4 (I don't really remember) but that is the way I am doing it on 1.8, I mean, not exacly, but similar (without flying allowance).

EDIT

If you'd like you can do it on with server interaction and actually set block below to ice/other as suggested before. Ice will melt at some point, but that way other will be also able to walk behind you (unless you de-set block after short while).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I can't really help you, not many will - you are just too outdated. Block/World methods are totally different now (BlockState and BlockPos).

Why won't you update m8? Not many stay in past versions and those who are won't get much of a support here. Just saying :C

You can try looking into World or WorldClient and search for setBlock or something like it.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Ill try to update but ill have to rewrite my whole mod which i don't really want to do

If that is the case i highly suggest you go straight to 1.8 to avoid the rather large update from 1.7 (1 big update is better then 2)

Regarding the problem. A more advanced solution would be to do what Ernio said except instead of replacing the water with ice replace it with a custom block that looks like water but is solid. Have that block check for a player abouve it every tick and when the player is no longer there have the block replace itself with water.

I am the author of Draconic Evolution