i'm starting a project. input = userScanner.next();

tuskiomi

Hello, all.

I'm guaging interest on a project.

simply all it does is umbrella all mods and make certain features (chunk gen, block mechanics) asyncronus.

this would mean that every mod gets its own thread to run on, and process items.

frankly, i'm tired of minecraft only using 13.5% of my CPU, and would like to let it use it's full potential on all 8 cores.

thoughts?

Also, I should have you know that you are reading my signature.

What if I use events, waits notifies, and updateS to keep things asynchronous? Eg:the main minecraft thread coult be put into suspension untill the next tick item completes?

or the engine could process future ticks, while the main thread alters them to fit?

what if we just throw out code from the tick into threads when the tick begins, and a processor waits until all values are returned and moves to the next tick?

Or we have onethread working backwards, and one thread worKing forwards,  and when they meet, the tick completes

Mods need to be designed for threads, there is no magic bullet to make it work, Unless you want to spend 90% of your time re-writing other's mods to make them work this is a fools errand.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

It may not be true when people say you only use 10% of your brain.

sadly, it is true that forge only uses 13.5% of my processor. Maybe i make my own modloader in that case.

Every time I hear that I have this run through my head:

vRwjVLJ.jpg

Its not that simple, it's not me who decides fundamental engine mechanics, it's Mojang.

As someone who has a hex core as well, yes it would be nice if Minecraft was a bit more multi-threaded so that it could use all 8 cores {Protip: 100/8 = 12.5 not 13.5}

Mojang is SLOWLY working on making it do that, 1.8 moved the networking away from the main thread into there owns so that freed up a lot of processing time.

But it's not something Forge, or any other mod loader could do.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon