[SOLVED] Proxy / Server error

Iceminecrafter

With my mod, after running it on a server and researching I know that my code is erroring due to the server running client related stuff, yet when i try to create a proxy using @SidedProxy i get the error of

Attempted to load a proxy type com.iceminecrafter.IME.proxy.ClientProxy into com.iceminecrafter.IME.IcesMinecraftExpansion.MFCAluminiumArmorMat, but the types don't match [16:57:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: An error occured trying to load a proxy into {clientSide=com.iceminecrafter.IME.proxy.ClientProxy, serverSide=com.iceminecrafter.IME.proxy.ServerProxy}.com.iceminecrafter.IME.IcesMinecraftExpansion cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException

Help would be much appreciated

My code shortened down

package com.iceminecrafter.IME;

@Mod(modid = IcesMinecraftExpansion.modid, name = IcesMinecraftExpansion.name, version = IcesMinecraftExpansion.version)

public class IcesMinecraftExpansion{

public static CommonProxy serverproxy;

public static ClientProxy clientproxy;

@Instance(IcesMinecraftExpansion.modid)

public static IcesMinecraftExpansion modInstance;

@SidedProxy(clientSide="com.iceminecrafter.IME.proxy.ClientProxy", serverSide="com.iceminecrafter.IME.proxy.ServerProxy")

@EventHandler

public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent e){

clientproxy.registerRenderThings();

serverproxy.registerRenderThings();

serverproxy.registerTileEntities();

serverproxy.registerNetworkStuff();

}

A proxy being a replacement for your main registry to register specific stuff for client and server sides, so if it only is rendered on the client side, such as a mobs physical appearance, then that isnt registered in the server, as the server doesnt have the files necessary to use the class file

In terms of organizing and instantiating your proxy, you might want to check out my tutorial here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-organizing-your-proxy.html

There is a section there about an example annotation and instantiation of the proxy.

In terms of your problem, if the entity rendering is only registered in your client proxy then it shouldn't be invoked on server side. In the link above I explain where I recommend you do things like registering renderers.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

This is so sad.

I agree that people should mostly figure things out on their own, so my "tutorials" never give full code but rather just point the direction. But the proxy concept takes a while to understand and it is one of the first things a new modder will encounter -- no point in scaring off new modders with one of the more obtuse aspects of modding.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/