[1.7.10] Need my item to get the players display name

HappyKiller1O1

@elix: That would be the same.

@HappyKiller101: Where the 'itemInteractionForEntity' get called?

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

That is an override of the item class one. It interacts with the player just fine but, the nbt tag seems to return null upon setting it for display.

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

Ah I was blind..

I think isRemote check is not needed here, you would better manipulate NBT on both side.

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

NBT works on both side, so it would not crash.

+ Your previous code should work, since itemstack got synced every tick.

Does this print statement works?

System.out.println("ENTITY GOTTEN");

Yup! It get's the player and saves all the data no problem. But, when trying to access it for the information... nothing.

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

So it doesn't also contain the enchantment tag? It's impossible.

Are the enchantments of the item visible?

Try enchanting the item with Unbreaking. (Any damageable item would be able to have Unbreaking enchantment)

No, I'm sure that something is making NBT to null. So it is needed to confirm that and identify this symptom.

So, when attempting to enchant it: it shows the glim on the item of it being enchanted but doesn't display it has Unbreaking 3 on the tooltip. What am I doing wrong?

So, I am guessing that maybe no nbt tag is set on the client side? I seem to only be setting the stack.stackTagCompound and it's strings to the server and not the client. Would there be a way to send a packet to update the clients nbt tag?

So, I am guessing that maybe no nbt tag is set on the client side? I seem to only be setting the stack.stackTagCompound and it's strings to the server and not the client. Would there be a way to send a packet to update the clients nbt tag?

@Abastro Why? I'm pretty sure either you or I are not getting something here.

@elix What do you mean?

I mean that maybe code is run only on one side... Wait, i'll try to repeat what you are doing and see what and where will go wrong...