[1.8][SOLVED] Attribute Modifier Help

NovaViper

How exactly do I do that? I can't register that in the NBTTagCompounds. Also, like I said earlier, the getter for the owners are vanilla methods and part of the EntityTameable class

Main Developer and Owner of Zero Quest

Visit the Wiki for more information

If I helped anyone, please give me a applaud and a thank you!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly do I do that? I can't register that in the NBTTagCompounds. Also, like I said earlier, the getter for the owners are vanilla methods and part of the EntityTameable class

Ah I see. then make independent getter/setter method or field for the nickname of the owner.

Also you should sync the nickname field when the owner(player with UUID) logs in.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

No, make your own field representing the nickname of the owner.

And sync the field when the owner(player with UUID) logs in.

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

Sorry if I'm asking really noob questions.. but how do I sync the field? I made the field like this:

protected EntityPlayer owner;

No, do not sync THAT field.

I said: make field representing 'nickname of the owner'.

and sync the field(nickname) when the owner logs in!

Did you at least try searching for how to synchronize fields in an Entity before asking? Chances are that whatever question you have has already been asked and answered.

Anyway, three main methods:

1. DataWatcher (google it - there is a good tutorial on the Forge wiki) - you'll probably want to use this one

2. IEntityAdditionalSpawnData - useful for unchanging fields; not suitable for your situation

3. Custom packet - very flexible and something you should learn about if you don't know already; tutorials abound

I'm trying to use the datawatcher, but it says it has to be a string

Okay, this kind of reply where you state a problem but do not show the code you tried that resulted in the problem is part of the reason this thread is so long.

Whenever you have an issue with your code, SHOW the code right away when you describe the problem, even if you think it is redundant, rather than waiting for someone to ask for it.

All I can tell you without seeing the code is exactly what the error message says: if you are using DataWatcher to store a String, then you have to store a String, not anything else. If you have a UUID, you need to convert it to a String, which you would see if you looked at EntityTameable (always look at the vanilla code for examples when you are doing something that has already been done).

I'm sorry, it's not the client thats saying that, it's eclipse that's saying the field needs to be a string

@Override
public void writeEntityToNBT(NBTTagCompound tagCompound) {
	super.writeEntityToNBT(tagCompound);
	tagCompound.setBoolean("Angry", this.isAngry());
	tagCompound.setByte("CollarColor", (byte) this.getCollarColor().getDyeDamage());
	tagCompound.setBoolean("Saddle", this.isSaddled());
	tagCompound.setBoolean("Evolve", this.hasEvolved());
	tagCompound.setString("Owner", ownerID); <<<< underlined red and says The method setString(String, String) in the type NBTTagCompound is not applicable for the arguments (String, UUID)
	tagCompound.setString("version", Constants.version);
	tagCompound.setString("dogName", this.getZertumName());
	tagCompound.setInteger("dogHunger", this.getDogHunger());
	tagCompound.setBoolean("willObey", this.willObeyOthers());
	tagCompound.setBoolean("dogBeg", this.isBegging());

this.talents.writeTalentsToNBT(tagCompound);
	this.levels.writeTalentsToNBT(tagCompound);
	this.mode.writeToNBT(tagCompound);
	this.coords.writeToNBT(tagCompound);
	TalentHelper.writeToNBT(this, tagCompound);
}

My field

protected UUID ownerID;

I'm sorry, it's not the client thats saying that, it's eclipse that's saying the field needs to be a string

tagCompound.setString("Owner", ownerID); <<<< underlined red and says The method setString(String, String) in the type NBTTagCompound is not applicable for the arguments (String, UUID)

I know it's not a crash. Read my reply again. ownerID is a UUID, which you cannot store as a DataWatcher element - you must convert it to a String.

Please READ the EntityTameable code. It shows you exactly how to do what you are trying to do. Better yet, just extend EntityTameable and you don't have to do anything for the owner to work correctly. Then you just have to worry about storing the nickname, which is exactly the same as storing the other String.

I am extending to the EntityTameable code, I said that at the beginning I was. So.. do I store the nickname by typing

tagCompound.setString("Owner", this.getOwnerId());

or

tagCompound.setString("Owner", this.getOwner().getName());

Eclipse says it's a IChatComponent, not a string

You can safely cast that to a
ChatComponentText

and use

ChatComponentText#getChatComponentText_TextValue()

to get the display name.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

That method doesn't exist

Yes it does, it is a method of EntityPlayer. Unless your entity will be tameable by other types of mobs, then the only type of owner you will have is an EntityPlayer. Check the instance type and cast to EntityPlayer if you can, otherwise store getCustomNameTag() or whatever else you feel like.

getOwner is an entity, not a EntityPlayer

.. That's what I just said... but you have a custom field, 'this.owner', which IS NOT the same as what is returned by EntityTameable#getOwner, and that is what I was asking about.

Anyway, it should be clear by now what you need to do; if not, I highly suggest you take some time to properly learn Java so that simple things like incorrect type parameters to a method (e.g. UUID instead of String) are no longer cause for concern.

I know about the UUID, I was asking what to do with it since it clearly won't work for String.  But wouldn't using a differenent player conflinct since its not saving the actual owner?