Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.8][Almost Solved]Get block-set block methods/ IWorldGenerator with structures

memcallen

What are the getting and setting block methods for 1.8?

If there are none (which I highly doubt) how can I make my structure generate in-world (I already have the IWorldGenerator set up).

The proud(ish) developer of Ancients

So far I have found a set block method but no get block method. I need the get block method for detecting what the top block's y coord is at the specified x/z coordinates. I need the y-coord so that my structure doesn't spawn in the ground, or in the air.

Yes, thanks. Also how do I use IBlockState to set a block? It's an interface so I can't instantiate it. Is there a method somewhere kind of like getAxisAlignedBB that returns it?

Use

Block#getDefaultState()

for standard blocks.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I'm not sure this is how IBlockState is supposed to work but I'm using this code to spawn my block (x/z are random coords from IWorldGenerator):

BlockPos block = new BlockPos(x,0,z);

block = world.getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(block);

System.out.println("Top Block is:"+block.getY());

IBlockState state = Ancients.invincible.getDefaultState();

world.setBlockState(block, state);

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I'm new to modding and I want to do this. What class would I put that in?
    • That is a different crash report. Please post the debug.log file from the logs folder.
    • [22Jan.2022 18:41:22.485] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus/EVENTBUS]: Exception caught during firing event: 'net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.SignBlockEntity.save(net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag)'     Index: 4     Listeners:         0: HIGH         1: ASM: class dev.architectury.event.forge.EventHandlerImplCommon event(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         2: NORMAL         3: ASM: cyclopscore onServerStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         4: ASM: chanceCubes.CCubesCore@5b77fda6 serverStart(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         5: ASM: mods.waterstrainer.event.EventServerStarting@2dc1913f onServerStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         6: ASM: com.song.castle_in_the_sky.CastleInTheSky@1f8c253d onServerStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         7: ASM: se.mickelus.tetra.TetraMod@203a3089 serverStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         8: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4325/0x0000000800c57770@71737087         9: ASM: de.teamlapen.vampirism.VampirismMod@1213b1b onServerStart(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         10: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4325/0x0000000800c57770@1a894d2d         11: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4325/0x0000000800c57770@3deb329 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.SignBlockEntity.save(net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag)'     at TRANSFORMER/chancecubes@1.18.1-5.0.2.444/chanceCubes.rewards.DefaultRewards.loadDefaultRewards(DefaultRewards.java:124)     at TRANSFORMER/chancecubes@1.18.1-5.0.2.444/chanceCubes.CCubesCore.serverStart(CCubesCore.java:123)     at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler_101_CCubesCore_serverStart_ServerStartingEvent.invoke(.dynamic)     at MC-BOOTSTRAP/eventbus@5.0.3/net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:85)     at MC-BOOTSTRAP/eventbus@5.0.3/net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:302)     at MC-BOOTSTRAP/eventbus@5.0.3/net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:283)     at TRANSFORMER/forge@39.0.56/net.minecraftforge.server.ServerLifecycleHooks.handleServerStarting(ServerLifecycleHooks.java:102)     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)     at TRANSFORMER/net.optifine/net.optifine.reflect.Reflector.callBoolean(Reflector.java:702)     at TRANSFORMER/minecraft@1.18.1/net.minecraft.client.server.IntegratedServer.m_7038_(IntegratedServer.java:90)     at TRANSFORMER/minecraft@1.18.1/net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_130011_(MinecraftServer.java:644)     at TRANSFORMER/minecraft@1.18.1/net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_177918_(MinecraftServer.java:258)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [22Jan.2022 18:41:22.509] [Server thread/DEBUG] [mixin/]: Mixing MixinChunkSerializer from architectury.mixins.json into net.minecraft.world.level.chunk.storage.ChunkSerializer [22Jan.2022 18:41:28.076] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FileUtils/CORE]: Found existing serverconfig directory : C:\Users\UTW\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves\New World\serverconfig [22Jan.2022 18:41:28.076] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker/CONFIG]: Unloading configs type SERVER Sry if its not the right one, im pretty new at Forge
    • I have a modded server that worked before I changed the config for SereneSeasons (made the seasons longer and turned off offline season progression). Now it just gives said error message, even after reverting the changes.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.