How to install forge on 1.8 dedicated server?

Szynsz

Hello,

Sorry if i write in wrong category, and please move if you want. I want to install forge on my minecraft dedicated server (i run version 1.8 on G-Portal). On internet there are many tutorials, but they show how to install forge on local server, not dedicate. If you can tell me how i can do that.

You install it locally and upload all files to the remote server.

Or if you are using a mc hosting provider that doesnt allow uploading, ask them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

OK last thing, forge server start from file forge-1.8-11.14.1.1404-universal.jar but i think that on hosting server will start automatically from minecraft_server.jar. How to force server to start from forge-1.8-11.14.1.1404-universal.jar on dedicated?

I copy my discussion with support. I need help to understand they:

szynsz Customer

15.05.2015 13:18:39

Hello I want to install forge on your 1.8 minecraft server. I dont find them in your modifications list. I try upload forge server files in main directory, but its doesnt work. I donta want any engines like bukkit or something like that. Please help me, or if you could install forge on my server. Regards Szynszyl

Rytis Customer support

15.05.2015 16:30:40

Dear customer,

just replace your Forge server file with your current server file (eg. minecraft_server.jar) and that's pretty much it. :-)

Regards,

Rytis - gportal Support

szynsz Customer

15.05.2015 16:40:29

But forge have second file with name: forge-1.8-11.14.1.1404-universal.jar i should upload it too?

Rytis Customer support

15.05.2015 16:54:12

Dear customer,

first you have to run the installer file. After you did that, then just run the regular forge file. :-)

Regards,

Rytis - gportal Support

Then what? I must start server with minecraft_server.jar and then replace file minecraft_server.jar with forge-1.8-11.14.1.1404-universal.jar (after rename them to minecraft_server.jar)? Because i dont understand

Ok then for sure, after upload local installed server to ftp i must delete minecraft_server.jar and rename forge-1.8-11.14.1.1404-universal.jar to minecraft_server.jar yea? Or i must upload forge-1.8-11.14.1.1404-installer.jar with name minecraft_server.jar?