pop up window/gui

Ok i want to hit like the "u" key and a small little window with grey background and some text to pop up, ive followed any tutorials but none really helped for 1.8, i was wondering if someone can maybe point me in the right direction?

Ok i want to hit like the "u" key and a small little window with grey background and some text to pop up, ive followed any tutorials but none really helped for 1.8, i was wondering if someone can maybe point me in the right direction?

This is really easy. Do a GuyOverlay that only displays a grey/textured rectangle when the 'u' key is pressed. I did it like this and it works great.

To get a GuyOverlay working, youll have to creat a new class that has the following few things in it:

public class YourOverlay extends Gui{

public YOurOverlay(Minecraft mc){

this.mc = mc; 

}

@SubscribeEvent(priority = EventPriority.NORMAL)

public void renderOverlay(RenderGameOverlayEvent event){

ScaledResolution scaledresolution = new ScaledResolution(this.mc, this.mc.displayWidth, this.mc.displayHeight);

int k = scaledresolution.getScaledWidth();

int l = scaledresolution.getScaledHeight();

if (event.type != ElementType.ALL) {

return;

}

if (Keyboard.isKeyDown(Keyboard.KEY_U)){

GL11.glPushMatrix();

//Your code here (Youll have to use k as width and l as height!!)

GL11.glPopMatrix();

}

}

}

Then youll have to define a new field in your ClientProxy and register the YourOverlay-class like this in your ClientProxy :

private final Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new YourOverlay(mc));

This is really easy. Do a GuyOverlay that only displays a grey/textured rectangle when the 'u' key is pressed. I did it like this and it works great.

To get a GuyOverlay working, youll have to creat a new class that has the following few things in it:

public class YourOverlay extends Gui{

public YOurOverlay(Minecraft mc){

this.mc = mc; 

}

@SubscribeEvent(priority = EventPriority.NORMAL)

public void renderOverlay(RenderGameOverlayEvent event){

ScaledResolution scaledresolution = new ScaledResolution(this.mc, this.mc.displayWidth, this.mc.displayHeight);

int k = scaledresolution.getScaledWidth();

int l = scaledresolution.getScaledHeight();

if (event.type != ElementType.ALL) {

return;

}

if (Keyboard.isKeyDown(Keyboard.KEY_U)){

GL11.glPushMatrix();

//Your code here (Youll have to use k as width and l as height!!)

GL11.glPopMatrix();

}

}

}

Then youll have to define a new field in your ClientProxy and register the YourOverlay-class like this in your ClientProxy :

private final Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new YourOverlay(mc));

How do i setup a client proxie?