[1.8] Forge 1420->1483 - Massive changes in models.

Ernio

I just updated from ~1420 to 1483 and looked at dem new IModels and all that new stuff... And I am like dis:

width=422 height=185http://d3dsacqprgcsqh.cloudfront.net/photo/a3YXVe3_460sa_v1.gif[/img]

Half of solutions I made in old version seem (only took glance) to be now in Forge - and yeah, I am very happy about that.

Rest is replaced by some "what is happening", that I suppose will be nice once I figure it out, but right now I am totally LOST.

So basically - I would be glad to hear what class should be used to do what (examples please) and what's with all those retexturing models or layered models? Just not "PerspectiveAware is for perspectives", rather some real examples and usage of special methods like IRetexturableModel#retexture(ImmutableMap<String, String> textures); - I read docs and still don't get how to use it (and when?).

Thanks for any info. As of now there is nothing (couldn't find) on net about new updates and models so maybe someone (we) could make some knowledge base of it somewhere?

Developers are like "let's make it rain gold" with all this new models code, but in all that "gold" it's easy to miss cool features/solutions.

Btw. I fkn LOVE new texture-debug msgs.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Not sure to much about the perspectives but that is a equivelncy to the 1st/3rd person transforms that items have.

As for IRetextureable you implement that in your model class, and if the blockstate.json says it needs new textures it calls this function.

This is to allow you to use one model object on disc, and just retexture it using the blockstate.json.

For example: Wool would all use CUBE_ALL with each state specifing a different colored texture.

See: http://mcforge.readthedocs.org/en/latest/blockstates/forgeBlockstates/

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon