Console command to check memory usage?

AnrDaemon

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

How does that help seeing Java VM memory usage?

Useful answers, please.

Do you want to see the memory usage of the Java VM? Then I already gave you the answer... Use the

command for example. It'll give you a table with all Processes currently running and their CPU / Memory usage (kinda like the Task Manager of Windows). You can sort it by memory usage with

M

. the

COMMAND

column has the process name in it.

Anything other than that, you'll need a Java profiler, unfortunately VisualVM doesn't run on console-only, so you'll need a different one... You can probably use HPROF, but I never used it personally, so I can't help you with that other than link to the official documentation.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

@SanAndreasP, with all due respect, this is a Java modification to a Java application community forum.

I sincerely believe, that an average person visiting these parts of internet could add 2 to 2 and get the answer, that, indeed, I'm looking for memory usage of the application itself, not VM. As it is apparent that under Linux, VM always claim entire -Xmx region without a hesitation.

I'll take a look into that app you linked, thank you.