[1.7.10]Custom texture mapping for ModelRender

yo4you

Heya guys,

I am trying to fit the texture of my block model into the empty space of a player skin, it technically fits however I need the faces of a box to be separated on the texture file, is there any way to do this?

Sorry should've been more clear, when I call ModelRender with two ints links up the textures like this

#-top-bottom-#

left-front-right-back

I can't fit "left-front-right-back" next to each other so I want em in separate places on the texture. Let's say the left side at (0,0) and the right side at (20,20)

Couldn't you use more than one texture? I don't do much entity rendering, but I know with blocks you can do that. If not can't you just make the texture bigger?

If all else fails you can make 6 individual cuboids that have a thickness of 0 with a different texture for each arranged in a cube (I did a bad job of explaining it, but I hope you get the idea).

I'll put something here when I have something of value I need to put at the end of every post. For now it's this mostly pointless text.

For this project that won't work, the texture has to be stored in the empty spaces of the player skin, unless I can extract these places into seperate files I won't be able to use multiple textures nor would I be able to make the texture bigger. (Also you explanation is fine thanks)