[1.8] [solved] Books Invalid Book Tag

delpi

I've looked around and can't find anything on how to fix this.  It worked find in 1.7.2, but something must have changed for books.

The book is fine except for there is nothing on the pages but "*  Invalid book tag *"

Here is my code

// Create the book

ItemStack book = new ItemStack(Items.written_book);

// Create NBT data and add to the book

NBTTagList bookPages = new NBTTagList();

bookPages.appendTag(new NBTTagString("This mod impliments wold control functionality and some player commands"));

bookPages.appendTag(new NBTTagString("Commands are as follows Dimension_Manager(DM), ADVENTURE/SURVIVAL/CREATIVE, LAG, SKELETONHORSE(SH), SPAWN, SUMMONPLAYER, TELEPORTTO(TPTO)"));

bookPages.appendTag(new NBTTagString("Custom Menu Items are as follows: none"));

bookPages.appendTag(new NBTTagString("Permissions are as follows Dimension_Manager.All - Access to all, Dimension_Manager.lag - Lists Server Performance, Dimension_Manager.SkeletalHorse - Grants player a cool horse, Dimension_Manager.spawn - Brings player to server spawn, Dimension_Manager.summon - Summon another Player, Dimension_Manager.TPTO - Teleport to another Player"));

book.setTagInfo("pages", bookPages);

book.setTagInfo("author", new NBTTagString("delpi"));

book.setTagInfo("title", new NBTTagString("ClanDoolittle DimensionManager Mod Instructions"));

// Give the player the book

player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(book);

Interestingly enough, if I generate a writable book, the text shows up, but then it has a quill and all that.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

Question on the debugger.

Since the code is in the minecraft library, I just go in and find the render part and toggle a breakpoint?

A second question for folks more experienced with debugging minecraft in eclipse, when i use the breakpoint, either the client or server crashes after about 5 seconds of one or the other being frozen.  Is there a better way to do that activity?

Happy to try and help

The debugger shouldn't make Minecraft crash. Can you post the crash log?

And yes, you can toggle a breakpoint in the vanilla jar

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Yeh, that exactly describes what happens. 

I wonder if I grab the other side and pause it, if that would fix things?  Would have to be quick.  An automated way would be easier.

larsgerrits - I'll grab a snapshot of the log the next time it happens.

Happy to try and help