Acces the src directory from java code?

ItsAMysteriousYT

Noo, you shouldnt create a fake resourcepack! The Json library (Gson) which is implemented in mc by default and is accesible as long as you add the minecraft project to the classpath of your modproject.

I don't think you understood what the OP wants to do. First of all, this isn't a "fake" resource pack; it is a real resource pack that you create during initialization. He does plan to use JSON, he's not saying he wouldn't.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Im verry sorry, I indeed misunderstood something. And I think I used a wrong word.( Im not English).

Anyway, I still think that this way is a bit complicated since you can simlly use the resourceManager in combination with a resourceLocation to get an inputStream. No need for reflection.

Again Im sorry for misunderstanding

Projects:

Discontinued:

- N2ConfigAPI

- Meachanical Crafting Table

Latest:

- CollectionUtils

Coöperations:

- InGameConfigManager

oke, I think its the best to end the discussion here Since you got an answer already. Besides I'm probably confusing others, which is not the purpose of a forum :P.

Again I'm so sorry for this, I feel bad for creating this mess!

Projects:

Discontinued:

- N2ConfigAPI

- Meachanical Crafting Table

Latest:

- CollectionUtils

Coöperations:

- InGameConfigManager

Did you get this going? I have a few questions about how this might be implemented.

JSON files are loaded via the resource manager. So just register a custom resource pack (IResourcePack) and put it into Minecraft#defaultResourcePacks (you will need reflection as the field is private). Then that IResourcePack can fabricate the InputStreams for the JSON files out of "thin air". A helpful thing to do that is converting a String to an InputSteam.

How do you register a custom resource pack and when does it have to be done?

Could the pack be modified and a model changed at runtime? If so, how?

Ok, I had understood the registering it and adding it to the list were two differents steps. I've got the reflection going and my resource pack is on the list.

I have build myself a simple tool for building item models in game. Instead of using a seperate applications like MC Model Maker, I am building the model with blocks, selecting them, and then generating a json model. So far, I have this writing to a file which I relocate when I quit the game, but, if not complicated, it would be interesting to load the model at runtime.