Minecraft Forge + ShowCaseStandalone Bukkit Plugin failure

7t3chguy

The Java Console just gets spammed with:

2012-11-06 16:35:35 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] ########## GL ERROR ##########

2012-11-06 16:35:35 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] @ Pre render

2012-11-06 16:35:35 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 1281: Invalid value

IF I cause a crash upon logging in, by installing the incompatible WorldEditCUI for exmaple, the crash report sometimes logs all of the floating items on the showcases.

Screenshots:

http://t3chguy.imgur.com/all/

The first one is with Forge OFF, second ON. You can see the difference, there is no actual crash, just no visible items in the shop.

In my experience, GL error 1281 is caused by textures dimensions that are non-power-of-two.  I'm not sure if it applies to this situation, but might work checking out the OpenGL extension viewer at http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php to confirm your graphic card's supports that GL extension. (Look for GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two.)

You can also update LWJGL and use the lwjgl_debug.jar in place of the lwjgl.jar to provide debug information which might help you track down the cause.

Why this happens because of Forge, I can't say...

I'm fixing the stupid villagers.  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1588460-

Something in your other mods is screwing up the gl stack, however, the bukkit mod that you mentioned just causes the entity item to be rendererd. There is nothing special about it, and would only be screwed up by forge if something else screws up the stack.

So.. you need to dig in and figure out what other is screwing up the GL stack.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 3 years later...

I hope nobody minds posting in an old thread, as there's some useful discussion here that would be missing if I created my own new one. I'm experiencing this issue with ShowCaseStandalone and ItemCase which both server-side plugins which feature floating "display" items that cannot be picked up. With a vanilla Minecraft client they appear fine, but with a Forge client these items are invisible. Note that I am using the latest version of Forge to connect to a Spigot 1.8.8 and I am not using any other mods.

In a ticket submitted to ShowCaseStandalone the developer stated that this was a Forge issue and had the following to say:

"first of all, this is a forge related issue or at least an issue on the client.

For various purposes the item count inside of an ItemStack (that is displayed to you)

is set to 0, so that even if there are glitches that allow a player or a mob to pick it up,

they can't do anything with it, since there is no actual item that can be used. I think

forge is, while trying to optimize the frames count, not displaying stacks with 0 items."

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/scs/tickets/830-not-compatible-with-forge-glsl-shaders/

Given that ShowCaseStandalone states that this is a Forge issue, and Forge states that it must be caused by other mods, what resolution can be reached for this issue?

The deletion of 0 size stack has nothing to do with FPS it has to do with what defines a dead item.

There are a lot of things inside both vanilla minecraft and mods that error out and do very odd things when it encounters invalid itemstacks.

Size zero is one of those invalid states. So as such to prevent MANY MANY errors we cull any invalid itemstacks where we can, including entities and this will not change.

Bukkit plugins are notorious for abusing and exploiting bugs in the vanilla client because they can not because they should.

Simplest solution if this is indeed the case, spawn the stack with a value of 1 and disallow the pickup on the server. Simple enough.

If you read the post you link he has added that option, so there is no issue anymore.

And do not necro dead threads.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon