[1.7.10] Creative Tab Custom GUI

parabolah

Just as some background, I'm modding with Eclipse and Forge version 10.13.2.1291

When creating a new CreativeTab I stumbled across setBackgroundImageName I proceeded to lookup it's use and found it working in 1.7.10, I looked at a tutorial and I created an inventory image and put it in MODID/textures/gui/ named tab_gui.png

Code for creative tab:

public static CreativeTabs tabTest = new CreativeTabs("tabTest") {
    @Override
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public Item getTabIconItem() {
    	return items.arrow;
    }
};

I set the tabs gui image in PreInitialization:

tabTest.setBackgroundImageName(MODID + ":" + "tab_resourceGUI");

The creative tabs image id an exact copy from Minecraft 1.7.10's image with some different colors. But the image doesn't render, I only get a no texture 'Black and Purple Squares' texture. I've tried several other locations:

MODID/gui

MODID/textures

MODID/gui/container

MODID/textures/gui/creative_inv

MODID/gui/creative_inv

MODID/textures/gui/container

and just in MODID/

none of those worked either. Have I programmed this wrong or does the image need to be in a different location?

If you look at the usages of CreativeTabs#getBackgroundImageName, you'll see that it's only used on this line of GuiContainerCreative:

this.mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(new ResourceLocation("textures/gui/container/creative_inventory/tab_" + creativetabs.getBackgroundImageName()));

So your texture needs to be in assets/minecraft/textures/gui/container/creative_inventory/tab_<name> rather than your mod's regular assets folder.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.