How would I PROPERLY make a "Mob"?

riderj

I have looked through source code of some mods that include mobs, and have successfully created a big white box with its own spawn egg. Though I cannot get the textures to load, probably because of the rendering class for the box is not being called, it still works. I would like however to properly learn how to make a mob for Minecraft 1.8, any leads to tutorials or articles will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I have searched, but most are outdated. I've run into an issue with initializing the rendering class for my mob, I cannot seem to find any tutorials that touch base on how to render mobs in minecraft 1.8. I have found some that talk about the old 1.8, but that's no use to me.

You need to register rendering class in client proxy.

You can use vanillas renderer in case of "human" renderer. And ModlBiped as model.

Or, obviously make your own Renderer and Model.

Something like this for example. And yeah - making nice renderers is hard and long work, have fun reading vanilla classes.

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(MyEntity.class, new RenderMyEntity(Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderManager()));

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public class RenderMyEntity extends RenderBiped
{
public RenderMyEntity(RenderManager rm)
{
	super(rm, new ModelZombie(), 0.5F, 1.0F);
}
}

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Thanks, I gave up on that for now. I am trying to learn from the bottom to the top because there are no tutorials showing the "standard" way to create a minecraft forge mod. So far I've learned about the proxies, and a bit about rendering textures to a throwable entity and how I would have to write my own renderer class for a custom throwable object if I don't want to use snowball as my base render handler. So I'm getting somewhere, but it's a long journey that's barely began haha.