[1.8] Offline player's name from uuid

delpi

In the process of converting from names to UUID's I ran into a snag.

I'm trying to get the name of an offline player.  I get all the uuid's off the offline players from looking for the stored data files for the players.  It worked well in 1.7 and it still works fairly well now, except for the name. 

From what I've dug through, I need to get the name from the GamerProfile.  Its not stored in the players's data file.

I'm using this to get the gamerprofile on the server

GameProfile profile = MinecraftServer.getServer().getMinecraftSessionService().fillProfileProperties(new GameProfile(uuid, (String)null), false);

It runs, but the name always comes back null.  Tried it with true on forced authentification, but no luck.  This is the same code used for skulls, so I'm unsure why it won't work.  Is it possible because i'm in dev environment, its not talking to MOjang?  If you try to trace out the code, it is ultimately in "YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService" in minecraft.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

clienthax,

i might be reading the code wrong, but that just looks like a cache of who has been logged on since the server started, not all the players represented in storage.

What has been your experience with it?

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help