[WIP] [1.8] [API] [Forge] UtilityFatal (1.1)

Fatalitiii

T3BVCKx.png

So what is UtilFatal you may be asking? UtilFatal allows the user to access a range of functions that can help enhance their mod development and also is required for mods that I develop. As this is only just the beginning there is only a handful of features right now with more in the works when I think of them.

CurseForge can be found HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

Get Mobs

This feature gets all the mobs that have been registered from minecraft itself or from a forge mod and stores them in a list that then can be accessed by getMobClass()

XW5ni8i.png

Render Entity To Screen

The next feature allows you to render an entity to a gui or your choice. This is done by specifying drawEntityOnScreen(xPosition, yPosition, scale, rotateYaw, entity) and tada. The entity is rendered on the screen in a GUI for you.

dO6WlCv.gif

Render Text

This feature allows you to render an string to a gui or your choice. This is done by specifying public static void addText(xPosition, yPosition, text, scale, colour, shadow,

guiLeft, guiTop) where the colour is a decimal value and shadw allows you to choose if you want to render a black shodow below the text.

Dy5FfOx.png

GUIButton

This feature allows you to render a button that can have a hover direction to show what the texture will change to when the user hovers over the button, a colour can be defined to overlay over the texture to tint it to your liking and also an icon that adds a bit of variety to the GUI . This is done by specifyingguiColourButton(ID, xPosition, yPosition, width, height, text,

texture, xOffset, yOffset)

GdL7UZe.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOADS:

This mod requires Forge! You need forge version 11.14.3.1450 at least! (This is the recommended version of forge).

This mod requires Minecraft Version 1.8!

Forge 11.14.3.1450 download link:

- http://files.minecraftforge.net/

UtilFatal 1.8.0-1.1 download link:

- Jar - 1.8.0-1.1

- Deobf - 1.8.0-1.1-Deobf

UtilFatal MinecraftForum link

Change Log:

- Added addElement allowing to render textures with colour overlays applied

- Added addText allowing to render text with colour overlays applied and scale text

- Added guiButton allowing to render button in a gui

Release

If people have any ideas for any features that would like, I am more than happy to add them and get updates pushed out to everyone.

I am working on a mod that will allow the user to create a model in game, I know how to do the registration to allow this but I haven't worked out a good interface to allow it.

Does the render entity work for any model (sword/machine/mob)?Does the model have to be registered to work, or can I just pass it a model as a param?

Also I recommend adding this to curse forge, it will give it more visibility, unless you have an ad.fly link for the download.

Current Project: Armerger 

Planned mods: Light Drafter  | Ore Swords

Looking for help getting a mod off the ground? Coding  | Textures

I am working on a mod that will allow the user to create a model in game, I know how to do the registration to allow this but I haven't worked out a good interface to allow it.

Does the render entity work for any model (sword/machine/mob)?Does the model have to be registered to work, or can I just pass it a model as a param?

Hey UberAffe thanks for the feedback and as of right now it only handles EntityLivingBase entity such as sheep and cows not other entities but ill try and add the feature soon.

Also I recommend adding this to curse forge, it will give it more visibility, unless you have an ad.fly link for the download.

As I am very new to distributing mods and that how do I go about doing this.

Edit: Never mind just been approved Curse

Yea, it is pretty easy to get set up there and it makes for a convenient repository of releases.

I am following your project on curse so when you get an update out I can take a look at it.

Side Note: the mod I am working on won't be done for quite a while but I'll make sure to send you link it and any others I make that use this.

Current Project: Armerger 

Planned mods: Light Drafter  | Ore Swords

Looking for help getting a mod off the ground? Coding  | Textures

Yea, it is pretty easy to get set up there and it makes for a convenient repository of releases.

I am following your project on curse so when you get an update out I can take a look at it.

Side Note: the mod I am working on won't be done for quite a while but I'll make sure to send you link it and any others I make that use this.

Sounds good keep me posted or tweet me when you have done it :)

Also on a side note I probably get version 1.1.5 out soon that added the render item and that in a gui as its almost done just a few little tweaks and cleaning up to do. :D

iAqAizo.gif

Will it be able to render items that have models? like the crossbows from some mods?

And I like the rotating, it looks nice!

I don't know if it will since I haven't tested it with other mod items. Also thanks :) it is one of the variables that can be stated when calling the function to set the rotation and I also did it with the mobs just didn't upload the right file.

dO6WlCv.gif

Will it be able to render items that have models? like the crossbows from some mods?

And I like the rotating, it looks nice!

Just a quick update, it does seem to render blocks as they are so I would say that it is possible that it could do it for items as well if they have a render assigned to them :)

EvGLa2H.gif

Hey everyone, just a quick update on the api. As of right now, I am working on version 1.3.2 which will allow for a string of text to render with items included;

7NAFsxV.gif

guiElement.addTextWithItem(guiLeft - 40, guiTop - 40,

new Object[] { "This is an %# and this is a %?", '#', Items.apple, '?', Items.iron_axe });[/p]

This allows the user to define what item or block they want to apply and where by using the '%' followed by any character they want.

Because of this, most of the render methods for the guiElement has been re written so if you are using it, then expect it to break sorry :(

As of right now, if you where to call the my

renderModel(xPosition, yPosition, zIndex, scale, Entity, rotateX, rotateY)

You can specify the x and y rotation. But I will ass rotationZ later today.

While, if you can specify x and y rotation but if you where to say

addTextWithItem(xPosition, yPosition, scale, object);

then it has already set rotations so it makes it easier to view items, blocks or entity.