How to enable the mod Disable button in the mod list

colinvella

Hi,

I'm currently making a mod for Minecraft 1.8.8 via Forge and noticed that all mods in the Mod List, except for the MCP, can be disabled via a Disable button. Is this functionality something that can be coded in a custom mod via event handlers or other technique? Or is the ability to disable a Mod exclusive to the MCP?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

at the moment clicking the button does precisely nothing.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

at the moment clicking the button does precisely nothing.

True but when programming a large project it is often the case that one feature isn't fully implemented but it is good practice to handle or hook into it anyway so it works properly when one day someone does implement it. So if you wanted your mod to have disable functionality, you might as well hook into this (e.g. in this case put in the mod annotation).

Furthermore, I'm thinking you should be able to actually make the disable do something, assuming disable just meant "do nothing" rather than a something like fully unloading the mod. Can't you check for gui screen open event and then for button click events?

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/