HUD Hook

ShetiPhian

I was thinking about setting up a Forge event at the end of GuiInGame.renderGameOverlay

This would allow mods to add HUD elements that would behave like the built in one (darken, hide, appear behind everything else, etc.)

Due to how fast and often this fires, would it have a negative effect on the event bus?

• 1 month later...

I have my HUD in the tick handler now, but I need to stop drawing it when other interfaces are open due to my HUD elements appearing top level (setting the z level has no effect)

What I had in mind was more visually pleasing but not worth performance loss, thus my question about it having a negative effect on the event bus.

Currently not drawing with gui's open,  but would prefer to have it working like the default one. (Always drawn, darkened when gui's are open, covered up by other gui's elements instead of being on top)

The only two ways I can think to do that are:

1 - forge hook after the ingame gui is drawn, before any guiscreen gets drawn

2 - tell minecraft to use an EntityRenderer I create instead of the original (not something I'd do for just a hud though)

this is the same request I had here http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,2009.msg15922.html#msg15922

If I ever feel like getting to know the internals of an API so I can submit a pull request for a sensible addition I'll go for it.  I'm just a modder though.

Anyway, glad to see that someone else has the same request :)  But currently there is no way to do it without some sever kludges, as detailed in my post.