[1.8] Rotating B3D Model

mGamer426

Hi!

I made a fancy model. In 1.8, I cannot render .OBJ models, because there's no wavefront loader in Forge 1.8 (Of course I can copy the 1.7.10 version, but that only works with the rendered block in 1.8 ). So, I converted my .OBJ model into a .B3D model, using Blender with the B3DExporter script, made by RainWarrior. Then, I followed this tutorial (debugging code): https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/master/src/test/java/net/minecraftforge/debug/ModelLoaderRegistryDebug.java. Then made a blockstate file by this: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/master/src/test/resources/assets/forgedebugmodelloaderregistry/blockstates/CustomModelBlock.json. It worked pretty well. I did my own transforms and in GUI, THIRDPERSON and FIRSTPERSON, they look really good. So, my problem is that Blender has a flipped YZ axis. From Minecraft's aspect the Y axis in Blender is the Z axis, and the Minecraft Z axis in Blender is the Y axis. Because of this, I have a 90° rotation around the X. No problem, in GUI, THIRDPERSON and FIRSTPERSON, I did rotations around the Z axis. So, in these cases it looks nice. But! If I want to do this in the "normal" variant it doesn't work. I don't know why. So, any suggestions how to rotate it when it's placed down?

Block class:

public class FancyModelBlocks extends Block
{
    public FancyModelBlock()
    {
        super(Material.rock);
        this.setUnlocalizedName(NameReferences.NAME_FANCY_MODEL_BLOCK);
        this.setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTab.CREATIVE_TAB);
    }

@Override
    public boolean isOpaqueCube() { return false; }

@Override
    public boolean isFullCube() { return false; }

@Override
    public boolean isVisuallyOpaque() { return false; }

@Override
    public IBlockState getExtendedState(IBlockState state, IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos)
    {
        B3DLoader.B3DState newState = new B3DLoader.B3DState(null, 1);
        return ((IExtendedBlockState) state).withProperty(B3DLoader.B3DFrameProperty.instance, newState);
    }

@Override
    public BlockState createBlockState()
    {
        return new ExtendedBlockState(this, new IProperty[]{}, new IUnlistedProperty[]{B3DLoader.B3DFrameProperty.instance});
    }
}

Main mod class' model registering part:

@Mod.EventHandler
public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
{
     B3DLoader.instance.addDomain(MOD_ID.toLowerCase());
     ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(new FancyModelBlock(), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(MOD_ID.toLowerCase() + ":" + NameReferences.NAME_FANCY_MODEL_BLOCK));
}

Blockstate file

{
  "forge_marker": 1,
  "defaults": {
    "textures": {
      "#texture": "mymod:blocks/fancy_model_block_texture"
    },
    "model": "mymod:fancy_model_block.b3d"
  },
  "variants": {
    "normal": [{
      "transform": {
        "rotation": [{"x": -90}] //This is not working 
      }
    }],
    "inventory": [{
      "transform": {
	"firstperson": {
          "translation": [0, -0.2, 0.15],
          "rotation": [{"z": 90}]  //This is the rotation that I've talked about. In this case +90°, because in FP the perspective changes
        },
	"thirdperson": {
          "translation": [0, -0.05, 0.025],
          "rotation": [{"x": 100}, {"y": -45}, {"z": -45}],  //Here, to make the model fancier in third person I've rotated around just -45°, not -90°
          "scale": [0.45, 0.45, 0.45]
        },
	"gui": {
          "translation": [0, 0.04, 0],
          "rotation": [{"z": 90}], //In here, it's +90°, because in GUI the perspective changes, too
          "scale": [0.7, 0.7, 0.7]
        }
  }
    }]
  }
}

I dont know anything about models, but I do know if you can get access to the method that renders the model you can call GL11.rotateF(rotationsNums) and that'll rotate it easy

PS: There is a chance it hasnt been translated properly yet when rendering so you might have to use some trigonometry to move it back to the right spot after rotating (Only a chance)

"you seem to be THE best modder I've seen imo."

~spynathan

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ