hook or etc for more control over what enchantments are valid for items.

sigurd4

here's a link to my modder support post that i made for asking if this was already a thing: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,33398.0.html

what i basically wanted to do was to allow vanilla, armor-specific enchantments to be applied to an item that doesn't extend ItemArmor. this is handled in net.minecraft.enchantment.EnumEnchantmentType.canEnchantItem() and there's nothing i can do about it because there are no hooks, events, interfaces or anything for it.

so i suggest:

• a function in net.minecraft.item.Item kind of like this, that can be overridden and done whatever with (and would be called instead of EnumEnchantmentType.canEnchantItem()):

public boolean isEnchantmentValid(Enchantment ench)
{
return ench.type.canEnchantItem(this);
}
[/Code]

• or an event that is called after EnumEnchantmentType.canEnchantItem() is, where one can change the value of it. the advantage of this would be that a mod could change the value for items that aren't a part of said mod (vanilla items or from other mods).

• or an interface that would basically work the same as the hook described in the first point, except it's an interface. EnumEnchantmentType.canEnchantItem() would now look like this:

[Code]
public boolean canEnchantItem(Item p_77557_1_)
{
if(p_77557_1_ instanceof IItemCustomEnchantsSomethingabob)
{
return ((IItemCustomEnchantsSomethingabob)p_77557_1_ ).isEnchantmentValid(this) //here the argument is an EnumEnchantmentType, not an Enchantment cuz why not
}

and then all the other stuff...
[/Code]

it would really make my life a whole lot easier.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/sigurd4

I'm making the bioshock mod!

Why, overriding other peoples code is just going to cause issues. Why is your armor not a itemarmor? You screw a lot of other things up unrelated to enchantments when you donthat.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

My item is a bauble, and i want to have full control over what properties it has and doesn't have. There are things that vanilla armor does that i may not want mine to do. Regardless, i figure this would be useful for a whole lot of other stuff where one might want an enchantment to be available for an item that doesn't extend any of the classes that are checked for. It would just be really nice to have control over this kind of thing. Also, i don't see how this would break anything. It should be perfectly capatible with earlier mods, and there are already plenty of similar hooks for other things to allow more control over otherwise unchangable vanilla functionalities.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/sigurd4

I'm making the bioshock mod!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • They were already updated, and just to double check I even did a cleanup and fresh update from that same page. I'm quite sure drivers are not the problem here. 
    • i tried downloading the drivers but it says no AMD graphics hardware has been detected    
    • Update your AMD/ATI drivers - get the drivers from their website - do not update via system  
    • As the title says i keep on crashing on forge 1.20.1 even without any mods downloaded, i have the latest drivers (nvidia) and vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine for me logs: https://pastebin.com/5UR01yG9
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.