[1.7.10][Solved] Redstone connections

tyker1

Hello, it's me again Orz

First of all, Sry for my poor english, and i have wrongly explained my question

theres something about my question:

1. i have an array to store sides of my block that are able to connect with redstone wire.(for receiving redstone signal and give out redstone signal).

2. the block should be rendered as a normal block, and i don't want to copy any codes from vanilla blocks, because its almost unreadable(as for forge 10.13.4.1448, almost all parameters and variables in forgeSrc are randomly named, like i0, f0, p_149727_2_ etc.)

3. as far as i know(yes, sry that i just started to learn MC-Modding in the last 2 weeks, so i'm someway ,in your opinion, stupid) if i want a block to provide redstone signal, i should override "canProvidePower" method and let it returns true:

@Override
public boolean canProvidePower()
{
     return true;
}

but then all sides of my block are able to connect with redstone wire(redstone wire change thier appearance when placed near this block), for instance, i have a block and i only want redstone wire only able to connect on its side 2 and side 3. how can i do that?

So i have figured it out by myself. it takes a little bit time to realize that because there's no enough document in internet or in forge source. the trick is using int isProvidingWeakPower(int side, int meta) and isProvidingStrongPower, if u want to prevent specific side from connecting with redstone wire, just add:

switch (side)
{
case No_Connection_Side:
  return 0;
}

The redstone repeater is a diode.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

The redstone repeater is a diode.

yes it is, but both 4 sides are able to connect with redstone, and it will work like a normal diode or a flip-flop. what i want is let only 2 side to connect( i mean graphic)

i

Two things:

1. "both 4 sides" - both can only ever refere to 2 objects.

2. How do you support your claim?

2ibg5r9.jpg

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.