[1.7.10][Solved] Best way to check side while no world object is available

Blargerist

I need to be able to check if things are running on the client or server side. As I could need this information before any world is finished initializing, there is no world object for me to check. I'm looking for the best way to check.

Found this method, but it says "Use at your own risk" which makes me uneasy: FMLCommonHandler.instance().getEffectiveSide() Is there a better way?

Solved: Use a sided proxy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hello I'm working on playing mods with friends but forge is giving me the exit code 1. I have tried using the curseforge to run it but same outcome. I've uninstalled minecraft and java. I looked online for any solutions and I've tried different versions of 1.19.2, nothing made a difference. There are currently no mods just forge. Log: https://gist.github.com/ExpiredPoptarts/19d7ff941fc62c9dc0b3b87ef3f65dc8
    • Custom lamp problem 1.12.2 is a problem that can occur when using the custom lamps mod in version 1.12.2 of Minecraft. The issue is caused when two or more custom lamps are placed in close proximity to each other, causing them to conflict with each other and malfunction. This can result in a variety of issues such as the lamps not lighting up, flickering, or not responding to game commands. The problem can be resolved by ensuring that custom lamps are placed far enough away from each other that they do not conflict.
    • look inside the model json file. move all cubes upward.
    • I made a huge forge 1.7.10 mod pack but whenever I try to create a singleplayer world I get the error saying "A fatal error has occurred, this connection is terminated." Does anyone know what the issue could be?  Here is my fml-client-latest.log from when it crashes: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/3rKSJSqnrX/ and here is the list of mods: https://imgur.com/a/AZifMbg    
    • Im trying to host a minecraft server using the curseforge serverpack from FTB Direwolf20 and when I try to start the server I run into an error The Error: Starting server A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)         at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)         at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level         at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)         at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)         ... 6 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)         ... 8 more   I'have tried deleting and downloading the newset version of java wich didnt work and now im using an older version which is the 1.7.0_80 Here is what my Server folder looks like: https://ibb.co/jkbfRY7 Here is what the ServerStart.bat file looks like: @if NOT "%FTB_VERBOSE%"=="yes" ( @echo off ) call settings.bat if NOT EXIST minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ( goto install ) if NOT EXIST libraries\%LAUNCHWRAPPER% ( goto install ) goto skipinstall :install echo running install script! call FTBInstall.bat :skipinstall REM Check if java in path REM TODO: use %JAVACMD% where java > NUL 2>&1 if %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ( echo No java binary in path. Can't run server, exiting... pause exit /B ) REM Test JVM REM e.g. 32-bit JVM does not have server\jvm.dll library java -server -version > java-test.log 2>&1 if %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ( echo Detected following JVM error: echo ======================================= more java-test.log echo ======================================= echo JVM test failed. Can't run server, Exiting... pause exit /B ) if not exist eula.txt ( echo Missing eula.txt. Startup will fail and eula.txt will be created echo Make sure to read eula.txt before playing! goto startserver ) find "eula=false" eula.txt 1 > NUL 2>&1 if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ( echo Make sure to read eula.txt before playing! Exiting. pause exit /B ) del /f /q autostart.stamp > nul 2>1 :startserver echo Starting server java -server -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1558.jar nogui :server_loop if exist autostart.stamp ( del /f /q autostart.stamp > nul 2>1 echo If you want to completely stop the server process now, press Ctrl+C before the time is up! for /l %%i in (5,-1,1) do ( echo Restarting server in %%i choice /t 1 /d y > nul ) echo Starting server now java -server -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1558.jar nogui echo Server process finished goto :server_loop ) echo Exiting... pause  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.