Sending files between the server and the client.

Dijkstra

You will need packethandling for this. You will have to decode your image to bytes and send it to the client where you put all the bytes back together to an image again. Diesieben07 has a supergood tutorial on that. For the filetransfer on the client, just use java's FileUtil .

And in my opinion sending such big files (considering .png can take MBs) via normal packet pipeline would be retarded, just saying.

Open new thread and use standard java downloading. (What player skins do, or did when I last checked).

Edit: I MIGHT be wrong about it (asked many times, none ever knew/answered). It just seems more reasonable to not overload main pipeline with huge data.

Edit 2: Oh and also - while server->client packets are automatically split if they exceed packet size (sent partially and recreated on receiver), the other way around - they are NOT (last time I checked) - you would have to do it on your own with client->server.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

You will need packethandling for this. You will have to decode your image to bytes and send it to the client where you put all the bytes back together to an image again. Diesieben07 has a supergood tutorial on that. For the filetransfer on the client, just use java's FileUtil .

And in my opinion sending such big files (considering .png can take MBs) via normal packet pipeline would be retarded, jut saying.

Open new thread and use standard java downloading. (What player skins do, or did when I last checked).

Honestly this is the resourcefriendlier method :D