Forge Profile Not Appearing

Cucumbermon

Hello, forge stopped working. Okay now to actually explain but first, I want to clarify I play Minecraft 1.7.10 and I have tried using both Forge 10.13.4.1517 and 10.13.4.1448 from the Files page of this website.

I've been able to use Forge just perfectly fine for  nearly a year until yesterday, when Minecraft stopped working out of no where. I fixed that today by uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft (Both .minecraft and from Programs), Java 7 (I had upgraded to Java 8 a few hours before Minecraft stopped working), and running "MinecraftLauncher" as an administrator, after having dragged it onto desktop. (I mentioned that last part because I have never had to do that before and thought it might be a sign of a related problem causing this same issue with Forge)

Minecraft itself works now perfectly fine but I seem to be having trouble installing Forge again. I first downloaded Forge 10.13.4.1448 from this website and then run Minecraft Vanilla 1.7.10 as suppose to. Then, I opened the Forge download with Java Platform SE binary and made sure "Install Client" was checked and clicked "Okay." I would then get the message "Successfully installed client profile Forge for version Forge 10.13.4.1448-1.7.10 into launcher" which I thought meant it worked. However, when I opened the default Minecraft Launcher to edit the profile, there was no "Forge" profile (I am aware the name is longer and now just Forge" and under "AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\1.7.10" I only found "1.7.10".  I tried doing this multiple times again by restarting the laptop, completely deleting everything Minecraft and Forge related, and even trying 10.13.4.1517, but nothing has worked.

I was wondering if anyone else could help me with the issue. I feel as if I am missing something obvious because I have tried searching this issue but everything I found had to do with people incorrectly trying to use Forge with another mod or with Minecraft crashing beyond this point of installing Forge.

I am using the default Minecraft Launcher. The one you get when you download Minecraft straight from the website.

EDIT: I also saw this thread below on this forums. Just to clarify, I did make sure to do it to the location "C:\Users\PSK\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft". The launcher's version, when I right click on it to see properties, says "1.0.1.0"

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,31212.msg162552.html#msg162552

Okay I have found the solution. Appparently, for some reason, my laptop was saving this in the location "C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume2\Users\PSK\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions" despite me not having ever typed that into any location. I noticed this when I decided to retry installing Forge but this time to check out where exactly Forge was locating it: You know, under "Install client" "Install server" and "Extract". Interestingly enough, it matched what I said earlier, "C:\Users\PSK\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft", but the folder already has several 1.7.10 Forge versions.

I double checked that with what was in the supposed location on my laptop and found it was still not there. So, to fix this, I just searched my Local Disk (C:) for "1.7.10-Forge10.13.2.1230" (it was the name of one of the folders that the Forge Installer showed me as being located there) and it narrowed it down to the first mentioned location in this post, "C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume2\Users\PSK\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions", which, I should mention, VTRoot (Related to Comodo Antivirus, iirc) being an invisible folder.

I sincerely apologize for wasting everyone's time with this silly issue. I appreciate those who helped me or thought of helping me. I wrote the long winded explanation above in the hopes that other people who have the same issue as me might see it and have a similar solution.