Access transformer help

Mightydanp

What are you doing wrong:

0) Using an access transformer.  Reflection is much cleaner.

-1) Not posting your crash log

-2) Not posting your code

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

the crashlog basicly says that it cannot find a field and that field is mad public in my _at file.

the code is part of a api that isnt my code, the part of the code that needs to be made public is this

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

@SubscribeEvent

public void guiPostInit (GuiScreenEvent.InitGuiEvent.Post event)

{

if ((event.gui instanceof GuiInventory))

{

int xSize = 176;

int ySize = 166;

int guiLeft = (event.gui.width - xSize) / 2;

int guiTop = (event.gui.height - ySize) / 2;

guiLeft += getPotionOffset();

updateTabValues(guiLeft, guiTop, InventoryTabVanilla.class);

addTabsToList(event.gui.buttonList);

}

}

i need to make this public

public net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen field_146292_n #buttonList

GuiScreen.class.getField("field_146292_n").setAccessible(true)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Go look at the forge tutorial on access transformers.

Basically you make a text file in the resources folder that has your transformations. What's important to note is that the plugin class only loads the transforms on compiled clients, but in the dev workspace your access transformer is applied when forge is running the setupDecompWorkspace command, so it directly changes the decompiled minecraft classes in your workspace.

To tell forge to decompile with your access transformer you have to edit your build.gradle telling it the name of your access transformer. After changing your build file, its automatically applied after your next decompile. The info on the forge tutorial isn't completely accurate, but you can figure it out.

"you seem to be THE best modder I've seen imo."

~spynathan

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ

Darco is it really that easy ?do i need to  put that in the same class that the field is in

You probably haven't dealt with reflection. This is exactly what you need here, as pointed out above, so read up on some tutorials. That should get rid of that nasty Access Transformer.

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]

Instead of

instance.field

you do

fieldObj.set(instance, value)

, (for static fields, you use null as the instance) but you have to do what I said above first or you'll get Access Denied exceptions.

i have just tried that and i get this error

java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: field_146292_n

at java.lang.Class.getField(Class.java:1695)

at com.mightydanp.eot.EotCore.preInit(EotCore.java:78)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

i  used this code

try {

GuiScreen.class.getField("field_146292_n").setAccessible(true);

} catch (SecurityException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

} catch (NoSuchFieldException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

The field isn't called

field_146292_n

in the development environment, it's called

buttonList

. You need to check both names.

Look at (or use) FML's

ReflectionHelper

and

ObfuscationReflectionHelper

classes to see how they handle this. If I need to access a non-public field/method more than once, I'll usually use

ReflectionHelper.findField

/

ReflectionHelper.findMethod

and store the

Field

/

Method

object instead of looking it up each time.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Alright i  tried something like this

ReflectionHelper.findField(GuiScreen.class, new String[]{"buttonList", "field_146292_n"}).setAccessible(true);;

and got this error

Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.GuiScreenEvent$InitGuiEvent$Post@1f0f52d6:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.field_146292_n from class tconstruct.client.tabs.TabRegistry

Alright i  tried something like this

ReflectionHelper.findField(GuiScreen.class, new String[]{"buttonList", "field_146292_n"}).setAccessible(true);;

and got this error

Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.GuiScreenEvent$InitGuiEvent$Post@1f0f52d6:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.field_146292_n from class tconstruct.client.tabs.TabRegistry

You tried to access a

GuiScreen

field on TConstruct's

TabRegistry

class, which doesn't extend

GuiScreen

Edit: Disregard this post, I misinterpreted the error.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

well it was why i wanted help with my access transformer ive seen alot of modders use it in there mod >.<, but the api of thinkers gets obs into my mod itself for it to be used without tinkers construct, they are under a Creative Commons 3.0 can i change the code in that class or do i have to leave it alone because if i can change some of it i can do what you just told me to do ???

Seriously the hell are you guys doing?

If the library uses the AT system properly it'll just work when you setup the project.

What are YOU trying to accomplish.

Show your code that's having issues.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

You should read the whole topic and replies if you want to know whats going on all of the information is in the topic and replies

Even those of us who HAVE read the thread have no idea what you're trying to do.