Did any of you had fps instability after installing 11.14.3.1543?

D4v1ks

Hi, it doesn't seem like a bug. But after installing the new version, after doing a clean install on server and client, my fps starts to drop like crazy when wandering in the world ( up to 50% drops).

When i do the same steps, and revert the setup to the previous or the recomended version, it doesnt happen at all!

Its strange. And i'm not using any mods.

I will provide more info, if needed.

I'm having this problem too, I just updated it and now I can't get anything higher than about 8fps even with everything turned down/off; 2 chunk visibility, no clouds, fast lighting, the works, and max fps set to about 30. Switching profiles to MC 1.8/Forge 11.14.3.1521 helped immensely, though not as much as just launching MC as vanilla unmodded.

Can you please check as much of the cases specified below, and report your performance:

1a) vanilla 1.8 (that exact version, not 1.8.x), smooth lighting: maximum

1b) same, smooth lighting: off

2a) forge 1.8 pre-1523 build, smooth lighting: maximum

2b) same, smooth lighting: off

3a) forge post-1523 build, smooth lighting: maximum

3b) same, smooth lighting: off

4a) forge post-1523 build with forge rendering pipeline turned off (can be found under Minecraft Forge general mod settings in the main menu), smooth lighting: maximum

4b) same, smooth lighting: off

After a clean install, and setting max framerate to unlimited and range distance to 8 chunks, i tried some setups.

Don't know if it was what you were looking for (pre-1523 or post-1523?).

Vanilla 1.8, smooth lighting:

off -> stable 60 fps

on -> fluid 56-60 fps

Forge 1.8 1521 feels like vanilla

Forge 1.8 1524 feels like vanilla, but with smooth ligtning on got more oscilation (53-60 fps)

Forge 1.8 1543 simillar to above, but sometimes, when moving around, fps start stuttering (35-56 or 46-54).

Sounds very vague, but i tried.

:D You are totally right. Forgot to disable it.

Either way after disabling it, the behavior is similar, at least on my machine. :(

But i know you will figure it out. I have faith in your work. :)

If it helps, before updating i was using version 11.14.3.1521

And with that one everything goes smooth

Yes, i was hable to download the forge-1.8-11.14.3.1547-installer-win.exe (manually altered the link from the previous version).

From a smooth experience at 1521 to the latest (forge rendering pipeline turned on), it feels like a night to day experience.

I get down from a smooth +115 to spikes from so low as 15-20 to +80 fps.

If you add optfine being compatible with 1521... its like going from a bright sunny day to a stormy and heavy night rain.

However, with forge rendering pipeline turned off, things go smoother, but the experience is not so good, or close to 1521.

I'm running it on a quad core q6600 2.4, gt240 1gb ddr5, 4gb ram on a windows 10 machine with java 8 update 65 (64bit) and nvidia drivers 341.81

I've been testing all the last forge versions during these last days, and i am happy to say that peace have returned.  :D

Once again my machine runs with no fps instability, so smoothly, even with resource packs enabled!

Many thanks for your hard work.

I knew you would figure it out. :)

p.s: The perfomance smoothness started to got better after +1551 but not so much before.

So i suppose that item-related perfomance issue was the bottleneck on my case.