[SOLVED] Minecraft not launching using runServer in Eclipse

Glistre

Having a problem for a while, I built a mod using Forge and Eclipse.

Everything seems to work fine on the client side.

Also, when I runServer in Eclipse by clicking the green arrow for run Server the console launches and everything seems to run just fine . ..except Minecraft never launches at all

the server keeps on running but Minecraft never launches.

Anyone know what could be wrong or what I am doing wrong?

C'mon, 185 views and not one reply yet?

First, can someone tell me that my assumption that when you launch runServer in Eclipse that the server launches, you see it all in the console, and then Minecraft is supposed to launch, correct?

Minecraft does not launch for me ...could someone do a test and click to the runServer green arrow and tell me if their Minecraft launches.  I always assumed it would since how else could you test your Mod in server mode?

Sorry, diesen you're talking over my head, as usual but I really appreciate your comments because you are one of the few persons that even cares enough to bother. I will therefore try to clarify:

I am using the eclipse setting I built a workspace with forge.

I have a minecraft project folder.  I made a mod in that folder.

In Eclipse, when I click on the green arrow for "run" there is a choice of "client" or "server."  When I click run client, everything is fine.  When I click run server, the console launches and everything appears to have no errors.  However, Minecraft does not launch.

Probably not necessary to post the console log .

I think I am just confused how the run configurations work  I thought the Minecraft client would automatically launch when you were testing or launching the server which it did not

So, I "clicked" on the default run configuration "run client " after launching the server with both a new run configuration "minecraft" and "gradle start" but still I cannot join the server.  The server seems to be working fine though

Everything on the server looks like its all working  either I just need to compile and export my mod and then join the server as localhost I will try to solve this

If I cannot I will post the console and ask for additional help  thanks

You can't join a server from the development client unless you specify a valid username (email address) and password using the

--username

and

--password

command line arguments in your run configuration.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

What do you even mean by "runServer"?

You need to either use the predefined launch configurations (only applicable if you use the eclipse workspace included with the MDK download) or make one yourself, with GradleStart resp. GradleStartServer as the main class.

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

You can't join a server from the development client unless you specify a valid username (email address) and password using the

--username

and

--password

command line arguments in your run configuration.

Yay! Got it to allow me to join from the development environment .... thank you Not clear why but it has to have the email address not UserName

I am using 1.7.10 any VM arguments I should add or other things that would be important?

I noticed it always picks up _JAVA_OPTIONS at -XMX512M even though I have changed them to -Xmx1024M in environmental variables the development environment seems to be forcing -512M