[SOLVED] Non-Living, pushable Entity - More In-depth Informations about Entities

Voidi

Hello,

Where can i find more detailed information about how Entities work?

I don't talking about the "Extend EntityAnimal/EntityMob, extend render with your custom texture and register these classes.".

My Problem is: i want to make a non-living, passive Entity, which can be pushed by other Entitys.

In my Entity class i let return canBeCollidedWith canBePushed true, also return getBoundingBox and getCollisionBox the boundingboxes.

Another thing: are Boundingboxes just another name for Collisionboxes?

And what are the Boxes which get Displayed In-Game after you hit F3+b ?

Because for my Entity they definitely look other then I set with setSize(1.0F, 1.0F);

Greetings Voidi

All info you need is in code and nothing will explain it better if you want to code advanced stuff.

Alike EntityItem (which is almost literally what you want) you will need to extend Entity class and modify it with needs.

As to last questions - pretty much. Note that setSize needs to be called on both sides to work properly.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Yeah sure, learning is best done with reading others code, but with poorly commented code or no idea where to look this is quite a pain.

EntityItem has no Collision enabled and reaction to Players / Water is done via a specific Methods

So i don't think i can use these method, if want a behaviour like other pushable Entities.

Something i found while digging through code is the Entity.applyEntityCollision(Entity) method:

I dampens and revert the motion of both collided Entities. In LivingEntities, it's called via onUpdate()->onLivingUpdate()->collideWithNearbyEntities()->collideWithEntity()->applyEntityCollision()

I copied collideWithNearbyEntities and collideWithEntity to my class and called in onUpdate (after super.onUpdate).

I get following behaviour: The Movement of my player behaves as it should in code (slightly pushed back) but my ModEntity doesn't move.

My entity doesn't move in flowing water, which it should, since this is also implemented in Entity.class

I call setSize in the constructor of my Entity, this should be enough to working correctly on the Client isn't it?

What I found:

Various events and functions updates the Entities motionX/Y/Z values, but applying these motion is done in the specific onUpdate Methods. So if one has a Entity which extends only the Entity Baseclass you have call this.moveEntity(this.motionX, this.motionY, this.motionZ);

My basic solution

protected void updateMovement() {
	this.motionX *= 0.9800000190734863D;
	this.motionY *= 0.9800000190734863D;
	this.motionZ *= 0.9800000190734863D;

float blockFriction;
	if (this.onGround) {
		blockFriction = this.worldObj.getBlock(MathHelper.floor_double(this.posX), MathHelper.floor_double(this.boundingBox.minY) - 1, MathHelper.floor_double(this.posZ)).slipperiness * 0.98F;
		this.motionX *= (double) blockFriction;
		this.motionZ *= (double) blockFriction;
	} else {
		this.motionY -= 0.03999999910593033D;
	}
	this.moveEntity(this.motionX, this.motionY, this.motionZ);
}

To the Boundingbox thing: while they seems to work, there ingame offset is directly correlated with theProperty Entity#yOffset.

Has anybody an idea how this used?

To the Boundingbox thing: while they seems to work, there ingame offset is directly correlated with theProperty Entity#yOffset.

Has anybody an idea how this used?

I believe the yOffset is to correct the fact that the center of the model that you display will be at 1.5 blocks up, whereas the entity position is at its "feet". So basically the center of your entity (as displayed) will be at yOffset above the entity position.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/