error when trying to add a config file so i can change ids for my mod

sidthesloth123

i was tyring to add it so 2 of my blocks can have their id's changed just as a test,but i am running into the same error all the time and the config file does not generate.

code of main class:

http://pastebin.com/6KgVVxsj

error message:

http://pastebin.com/Ut1gxBh7

if anyone can help you would be the best.

im using the latest recommended build of forge for 1.4.4

You are creating blocks before IDs are generated.

You have to do any block = new BlockYours(id) after the id was correctly assigned.

sorry i dont understand what you mean?

Basically what he's saying is that you set the ID variables after registring the blocks, meaning that you are "creating" the blocks before setting the IDs, thus resulting in their IDs being 0. The fix is kind of complicated, but I will try to explain it.

Basically, remove the "public final static Block" before the variables and do "public static Block compactdirt;" before all the methods, but still in the "public class compactblocks". After that, move the setting of the variables (compactdirt = new compactdirt...) in the method marked with @Init. If you don't understand, write.

You have to do any block = new BlockYours(id) after the id was correctly assigned.

Basically what he's saying is that you set the ID variables after registring the blocks, meaning that you are "creating" the blocks before setting the IDs, thus resulting in their IDs being 0. The fix is kind of complicated, but I will try to explain it.

Basically, remove the "public final static Block" before the variables and do "public static Block compactdirt;" before all the methods, but still in the "public class compactblocks". After that, move the setting of the variables (compactdirt = new compactdirt...) in the method marked with @Init. If you don't understand, write.

Thanks so much! :D

Get this error too, can you please create a dummy mod or something? So I can understand? Thanks!

Get this error too, can you please create a dummy mod or something? So I can understand? Thanks!

Il do it for you by tomorrow;

done just have to lay it out like i was shown works the same for items

http://pastebin.com/6ALJaMwp