Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Magical Shield [1.7.10]

BoonieQuafter-CrAfTeR

so in this mod I am making I have decided that I want to add some kind of spell to protect you, for instance, someone throws an instant damage potion at you and you use the spell, when the potion hits the protection shield/spell it repels or kills the entity incoming so the player is not hurt. how should I go about doing this?

Im serious don't look at it!!

Do you have like, some kind of base for this mod? For the shield you can look at the LivingAttackEvent. It will give you the entity that's been attacked as well as the damage source (magic is harming potions, anvil is an anvil dropping on them etc). As for shielding you can modify the event.ammount by however much you want to decrease the damage

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• public ManaHealthOverlay() { this.minecraft = Minecraft.getInstance(); OverlayRegistry.registerOverlayBelow(ForgeIngameGui.FOOD_LEVEL_ELEMENT , "Mana", this); } Does this solve the problem with OverlayRegistry? I thought I had implemented Mana based on the player's stats. But nothing shows up. Is it still not enough?   The second half is equivalent to playerhealth, only the values have been changed. public class ManaOverlay extends GuiComponent implements IIngameOverlay { protected int screenWidth; protected int screenHeight; protected int tickCount; protected int lastMana; protected int displayMana; protected long lastManaTime; protected long manaBlinkTime; private final Minecraft minecraft; protected final Random random = new Random(); private static final ResourceLocation GUI_MANA_LOCATION = new ResourceLocation("textures/gui/bars.png"); final Map<UUID, LerpingBossEvent> events = Maps.newLinkedHashMap(); private static final ManaOverlay INSTANCE = new ManaOverlay(); public static void init() { MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(INSTANCE); } public ManaOverlay() { this.minecraft = Minecraft.getInstance(); OverlayRegistry.registerOverlayBelow(ForgeIngameGui.FOOD_LEVEL_ELEMENT , "Mana", this); } private Player getCameraPlayer() { return !(this.minecraft.getCameraEntity() instanceof Player) ? null : (Player)this.minecraft.getCameraEntity(); } ....
    • I'm new to modding and I want to do this. What class would I put that in?
    • That is a different crash report. Please post the debug.log file from the logs folder.
    • [22Jan.2022 18:41:22.485] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus/EVENTBUS]: Exception caught during firing event: 'net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.SignBlockEntity.save(net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag)'     Index: 4     Listeners:         0: HIGH         1: ASM: class dev.architectury.event.forge.EventHandlerImplCommon event(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         2: NORMAL         3: ASM: cyclopscore onServerStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         4: ASM: chanceCubes.CCubesCore@5b77fda6 serverStart(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         5: ASM: mods.waterstrainer.event.EventServerStarting@2dc1913f onServerStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         6: ASM: com.song.castle_in_the_sky.CastleInTheSky@1f8c253d onServerStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         7: ASM: se.mickelus.tetra.TetraMod@203a3089 serverStarting(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         8: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4325/0x0000000800c57770@71737087         9: ASM: de.teamlapen.vampirism.VampirismMod@1213b1b onServerStart(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/server/ServerStartingEvent;)V         10: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4325/0x0000000800c57770@1a894d2d         11: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4325/0x0000000800c57770@3deb329 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.SignBlockEntity.save(net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundTag)'     at TRANSFORMER/chancecubes@1.18.1-5.0.2.444/chanceCubes.rewards.DefaultRewards.loadDefaultRewards(DefaultRewards.java:124)     at TRANSFORMER/chancecubes@1.18.1-5.0.2.444/chanceCubes.CCubesCore.serverStart(CCubesCore.java:123)     at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler_101_CCubesCore_serverStart_ServerStartingEvent.invoke(.dynamic)     at MC-BOOTSTRAP/eventbus@5.0.3/net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:85)     at MC-BOOTSTRAP/eventbus@5.0.3/net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:302)     at MC-BOOTSTRAP/eventbus@5.0.3/net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:283)     at TRANSFORMER/forge@39.0.56/net.minecraftforge.server.ServerLifecycleHooks.handleServerStarting(ServerLifecycleHooks.java:102)     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)     at TRANSFORMER/net.optifine/net.optifine.reflect.Reflector.callBoolean(Reflector.java:702)     at TRANSFORMER/minecraft@1.18.1/net.minecraft.client.server.IntegratedServer.m_7038_(IntegratedServer.java:90)     at TRANSFORMER/minecraft@1.18.1/net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_130011_(MinecraftServer.java:644)     at TRANSFORMER/minecraft@1.18.1/net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_177918_(MinecraftServer.java:258)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [22Jan.2022 18:41:22.509] [Server thread/DEBUG] [mixin/]: Mixing MixinChunkSerializer from architectury.mixins.json into net.minecraft.world.level.chunk.storage.ChunkSerializer [22Jan.2022 18:41:28.076] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FileUtils/CORE]: Found existing serverconfig directory : C:\Users\UTW\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves\New World\serverconfig [22Jan.2022 18:41:28.076] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.fml.config.ConfigTracker/CONFIG]: Unloading configs type SERVER Sry if its not the right one, im pretty new at Forge
    • I have a modded server that worked before I changed the config for SereneSeasons (made the seasons longer and turned off offline season progression). Now it just gives said error message, even after reverting the changes.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.