Deobfuscating Earlier Mods

Asweez

There is a 1.2.5 mod that I want to deobfuscate and it doesn't have any of the gradle stuff like the newer versions. I tried BON and that didn't work. The files weren't deobfuscated. I think this is because it doesn't have the same file structure that BON was looking for. How do I get this mod's source code? Or if I can't do the whole thing at once, is there any program that will deobfuscate individual files?

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

Yeah if you want to deobsfucate a 1.2.5 mod you're pretty RIP. The files you need to deobsfucate mods from 3 years ago aren't available to download anymore. I do have a really old copy of Minecraft modding from back then if you want it.

But srs this is a problem, without the old copy you simply can't deobsfucate old mods because of the MCP, Modloader Modloader MP, and Forge mess that was modding.

"you seem to be THE best modder I've seen imo."

~spynathan

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ

I feel like mentioning that difference between 1.2.5 and current, especially 1.8 is SO BIG that updating or even reading old sources will bring none of there: 1. results (impossible to update); 2. knowledge (too outdated).

You would be better of rewriting from nothing whole mod based on idea. Seriously, NOTHING is same. From basic stuff like Item, Block, TE, through packeting, data handling like IEEP to rendering which is even different from 1.7.10-1.8.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

But all the methods and fields are obfuscated. How do I deobfuscate those model classes?

Without the MCP mappings and such from that point in time available you won't be able to deobfuscate, period.

If you really want the model files you're going to have to manually translate it by doing a side by side (this obfuscated method looks like this vanilla one) and transfer over the specific values such as box sizes and rotation offsets

I think its my java of the variables.

I'm not paying for anything. Is there any chance of could just send the file to me and I would do the deobfuscating myself?

But all the methods and fields are obfuscated. How do I deobfuscate those model classes?

Without the MCP mappings and such from that point in time available you won't be able to deobfuscate, period.

If you really want the model files you're going to have to manually translate it by doing a side by side (this obfuscated method looks like this vanilla one) and transfer over the specific values such as box sizes and rotation offsets

How would I get a vanilla 1.2.5 model class for reference?

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

Dude, the old mappings aren't yours to sell.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

User was banned for 7 days for attempting to sell an open source project/data that wasn't his -.-

Seriously are you fucking retarded?

MCP is archived on MCP's website you can obtain the data for it anywhere. Also git contains all old data so you can gather things from there.

Seriously tho. You should just start from scratch a 1.2.5 mod will be in no way compatible with 1.8 world. It would be easier to start from scratch.

End of topic.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon