Forge 3.2.5+ Linux issues

pantheis

I've recently tried to move my server forward to Forge 3.2.5.120 and ran into a strange issue with one of the mods. I test the server updates on a Windows 7 64bit Java 7 box and everything seemed to work out fine. When I moved the exact same configuration over to my linux (MineOS CRUX) hosting box, I started getting the following error and the server crashes.

I've posted about this bug in the appropriate thread for this specific mod (Transformers addon for IC2) as well, but given that it works fine on Windows but not under Linux with 3.2.5.120 and newer versions of Forge, but works fine with prior versions of Forge (3.2.3.108 is what I'm running right now, did not test in-between) on both, I'm concerned it might be a new bug in Forge.

As far as I can tell from decompiling the source for Transformers, the function it's failing in is using reflection to change some properties of Buildcraft Iron Pipes to fix the flow rate of them. The code looks correct and I can't tell why it would behave differently under Linux than under Windows.

http://pastebin.com/DsJUfHgt

-edited to correct brainfart of stating CompactSolars as the mod with issues instead of Transformers-

That log you posted has nothing to do with compact solars.. its transformers making a invalid shapeless recipe...

I don't see anything FML/Forge related here.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Ugh yea, sorry, I said CompactSolars, I meant Transformers.

And I do see the report of the invalid shapeless recipe. I'm just really confused why it works under Windows, but not Linux. The code it's crashing in, as I said, seems to be doing reflection to change some properties of Buildcraft Iron pipes. Is there anything that's been updated in Forge since 3.2.3.108 that could cause issues under Linux, but still function under Windows? I only ask because I've had issues in the past with some things behaving differently under Linux than under Windows.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5789&pageNo=1

It's so odd. I've TRIED to break it on my Windows test bed, but it works fine. When I copy the exact setup over to my linux box, it breaks. I can copy the setup back to my Windows box and it works fine again, and both work fine with Forge 3.2.3.108.

-edit-

I wanted to edit this to add that I've compared the server.log and Forge log files between the Windows test bed and my Linux Live server and up until the point where Transformers throws the error, everything is identical.

The line of code is this:

ModLoader.addShapelessRecipe(new kp(powerPipeHV), new Object[] { (id)Class.forName(new StringBuilder().append(instance.getClass().getPackage() != null ? 
new StringBuilder().append(instance.getClass().getPackage()
.getName()).append(".").toString() : "").append("BuildCraftTransport")
.toString()).getField("pipePowerWood").get(null), getIC2Item("advancedCircuit") });

Which is the most fuckedup/retarded thing I have ever seen.

It isn't changing any properties, it's trying to get pipePowerWood.

Anyways, it looks like the issue is that it isn't being sorted properly. The fact that this is server side and you say it works in 108.. tells me either you're lying or something is severely fucked up on your side. As the sorting code for the server has not been touched since before 108

I'll look into it more when i get a chance to talk to CPW.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

If you need a 108 server log showing it loading things, I'd be happy to supply it. Based on the posts in the thread for Transformers, I'm thinking it might be something the mod is doing incorrectly, given that other people using Unix based OS's (MacOS) are experiencing the same thing, only client side.

I don't have access to pastebin at the moment, so I posted it to my website: Forge 3.2.3.108 (with appropriate version of the other mods), Transformers 1.2 (same version having the issue on 3.2.5+), on the linux server. http://www.kaijin.com/logs/server.log

Just as an FYI this is a serious bug that the rename is required and I will be fixing it once I have access to my development environment. It basically means that what I thought I had done to stabilize my topological sort has actually subtly broken it, so thanks for the report!

Sorry for the long delay in response. I just now saw you had replied.

I can confirm with Forge 135 that the issue continues. I haven't tested newer versions and can't at the moment (I'm at work, mediafire is blocked). I will test the latest recommend (152 at the time of this writing) tonight if I get a chance.