EntityCow disable all movement

chris140989

Hi there,

I am trying to create my own CowEntity and I want it to do nothing. The reason is, that I want to control it by remote. My Problem is, that the Cow is moving his Head and because of that it moves into the wrong direction. Is there a possibility, to deactivate all movement of an Entity? Like just freezing it.

My Class right now:

public class Animal extends EntityCow {

public Animal(World worldIn) {
	super(worldIn);
	this.tasks.taskEntries.clear();
}

protected boolean isAIEnabled() {
	return false;
}	
}

I cleared the Tasklist, to not make it wander around and stuff like that and disabled the AI.

The rotation is controlled the the EntityLookHelper associated with the EntityLiving. So you can @Override the getEntityLookHelper() method in your cow to return a custom class that extends EntityLookHelper. In that custom EntityLookHelper you would @Override the onUpdateLook() method to do nothing in the cases where you want the cow to be frozen, otherwise let it act normally.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

I have a SuperPig that has a lobotomy so it doesn't wander off and do unwanted things, no doubt for a similar reason to yourself.

To achieve this I kill the AI post creation with the following, I should really add it into the Entities constructor.

// kill the entities AI

entity.tasks.taskEntries.clear();

entity.targetTasks.taskEntries.clear();

The rotation is controlled the the EntityLookHelper associated with the EntityLiving. So you can @Override the getEntityLookHelper() method in your cow to return a custom class that extends EntityLookHelper. In that custom EntityLookHelper you would @Override the onUpdateLook() method to do nothing in the cases where you want the cow to be frozen, otherwise let it act normally.

Thanks for your answere. I have followed the steps you did describe, but it seems like my customCow is still moving it's head from time to time. Thus it doesn't do what I want it to do..

It seems like the body and head aren't in sync, because sometimes the cow is moving into a direction, where it's head is not facing to.

My classes are:

customCow:

public class Animal extends EntityCow {

public Animal(World worldIn) {
	super(worldIn);
	this.tasks.taskEntries.clear();
	this.targetTasks.taskEntries.clear();
}

protected boolean isAIEnabled() {
	return false;
}

protected MyEntityLookHelper getEntityLookHelper() {
	return new MyEntityLookHelper(this);
}

protected MyEntityBodyHelper getEntityBodyHelper() {
	return new MyEntityBodyHelper(this);
}
}

customEntityBodyHelper:

public class MyEntityBodyHelper extends EntityBodyHelper {

public MyEntityBodyHelper(EntityLivingBase p_i1611_1_) {
	super(p_i1611_1_);
}

@Override
public void updateRenderAngles() {

}
}

customEntityLookHelper

public class MyEntityLookHelper extends EntityLookHelper {

public MyEntityLookHelper(EntityLiving p_i1613_1_) {
	super(p_i1613_1_);
}

@Override
public void onUpdateLook() {

}
}

It didn't worked with just the EntityLookHelper, so I created a EntityBodyHelper aswell, because I've read somewhere that it is associated with it too. Any advice?