What is the 'start' lib path generated in .classpath for Eclipse?

Zhro

Examining the following path in .classpath generated by the mdk for Eclipse:

.gradle/caches/minecraft/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.8-11.14.4.1577/start

Contains the following:

GradleStart.class
GradleStartServer.class
net/minecraftforge/gradle/GradleForgeHacks$AccessTransformerTransformer.class
net/minecraftforge/gradle/GradleForgeHacks.class
net/minecraftforge/gradle/GradleStartCommon.class
net/minecraftforge/gradle/tweakers/AccessTransformerTweaker.class
net/minecraftforge/gradle/tweakers/CoremodTweaker.class

For the short question: if we don't build with Gradle, do we need this dependency?

Also, what is it?

I've been building everything with Make for years. I'm sure Gradle has nice things but I have yet to see anything offered by other build automation tools that can't be done in Make-- so I continue to use Make.

It only took a few minutes to convert what was provided in the mdk. I just wasn't sure if I needed these classes or not.

I can see that you have a your strong affinity for Gradle but I already have a build system which is well integrated with my development environment and deployment tools.

I would appreciate it if you would explain the procedure for reobfuscation as it would save me a lot of trouble.

I don't have a 'strong affinity' for Gradle. I have a 'string affinity' for shit that works and does everything that is needed to be done because we've put a lot of work into it.

And you coming here wanting us to help you break that down and forcing/advocating creating EVEN MORE work for us because you're wanting to be a special snowflake and people who don't know better will follow you in doing things the hard way.

So, ya I hate people who make more work for us because they want to feel special.

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/ForgeGradle Everything you need to know, have fun.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon