Can't free registry slot 214 occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@4c03b022

Bacuse

Hi i was working on my code and then it keeps on crashing please help

here is the crash report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// But it works on my machine.

Time: 12/30/15 2:44 PM

Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't free registry slot 214 occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@4c03b022

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.registerBlock(GameRegistry.java:239)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.registerBlock(GameRegistry.java:188)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.registerBlock(GameRegistry.java:177)

at mimohad.helpfulmod.HelpFulMod.preInit(HelpFulMod.java:971)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:522)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:942)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:164)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(Unknown Source)

at GradleStart.main(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't free registry slot 214 occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@4c03b022

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameData.freeSlot(GameData.java:933)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameData.registerItem(GameData.java:839)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameData.registerItem(GameData.java:808)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.registerBlock(GameRegistry.java:232)

... 42 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.7.10

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3

Java Version: 1.7.0_79, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 857094136 bytes (817 MB) / 1038876672 bytes (990 MB) up to 1038876672 bytes (990 MB)

JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1517 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active

States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

UCH mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)

UCH FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.4.1517-1.7.10.jar)

UCH Forge{10.13.4.1517} [Minecraft Forge] (forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.4.1517-1.7.10.jar)

UCE hm{7.0} [HelpFul Mod] (bin)

GL info: ' Vendor: 'Intel' Version: '4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4276' Renderer: 'Intel® HD Graphics 4000'

Learn to read stacktrace - "at mimohad.helpfulmod.HelpFulMod.preInit(HelpFulMod.java:971)"

Also: Since 1.7 item and block IDs are handled INTERNALLY and ANY attempt to manipulate them on your own WILL cause issues in future.

You need to simply register:

GameRegistry.registerBlock(instance, unlocalizedName); // same for item.

Nothing more. IDs will be assigned internally on world creation - that said note that each world will most likely have different ID (based on order of registration).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

The error says it's on line 971 of the "HelpFulMod" class. That should be where the problem is. I do suggest however, creating your mod in 1.8, rather than 1.7.10. This is because 1.8 is far different from 1.7.10, and it becomes more difficult to update your mod the more you add to it while using a previous version. One of the changes in 1.8, is the removal of having to register Item IDs. Thus, you would never run into this specific problem if you were using 1.8, instead of 1.7.10. :P

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

And, as Ernio said, it is very important you learn how to read stacktrace. It is quite simple, you can even click the stacktrace directing to the class with the error in eclipse. Although, I am curious on why you have most likely over 1000 lines in your main mod. Seems a bit messy.

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.