Question about max health

Hit

Yo guys, it's been 2 years since I stopped everything related to MC and recently, while I was doing some cleanup on my hard drive, I found my old sources and it brought me some good memories :D

I had only one question related to max health. Back in the day when I was planning to create my mod, I had no idea how to modify the player maxhealth based on the equipment he's wearing. I asked a lot and the only answer I used to get was, it's not possible. Is it still the case? I remember that we tried a lot's of thing but noone was working.

With events you could theoretically listen for damage and eat away at your own stacks instead, then killing the player when necessary. I dunno about actual health modification, I know I've seen mods do this sort of thing with zelda esque health increasing though

I think its my java of the variables.

This is very simple with SharedMonsterAttributes. One of the things you MUST understand is that nothing is impossible in programming. No matter what, there is always a way to accomplish anything you want. Here is my way of modifying the player speed. You can replace the things you'd need to, in order to update the player health.

@SubscribeEvent
public void onLivingUpdate(LivingUpdateEvent event) {
	if(event.entity instanceof EntityPlayer) {
		EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer)event.entity;
		ExtendedPlayer props = ExtendedPlayer.get(player);

if(WLConfig.slowPlayerWhenOverEncumbered) {
			if(props != null) {
				final UUID speedModifierUUID = UUID.fromString("db1f6a32-af5e-11e5-bf7f-feff819cdc9f");

AttributeModifier speedModifier = (new AttributeModifier(speedModifierUUID, "weightSpeedModifier", -0.4, 2)).setSaved(false);
				IAttributeInstance iai = player.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.movementSpeed);

if(props.isOverEncumbered() && !player.capabilities.isCreativeMode && !player.isSpectator()) {
					if(iai.getModifier(speedModifierUUID) == null) {
						iai.applyModifier(speedModifier);
					}

player.setSprinting(false);

if(player.worldObj.isRemote) {
						Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

KeyBinding.setKeyBindState(mc.gameSettings.keyBindSprint.getKeyCode(), false);
					}
				}else {
					if(iai.getModifier(speedModifierUUID) != null) {
						iai.removeModifier(speedModifier);
					}
				}
			}
		}
               }

The UUID is required, I use the random UUID generator here. I don't have time as of now to explain all the workings, so I hope you can figure out some of this on your own. The onLivingUpdate goes in your event handler, and you must subscribe to it. :P

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

If you want to modify an attribute based on equipped / held items, then Item#getAttributeModifiers is the method you want - you can return a multimap with as many attribute modifiers as you want, and they will be applied and removed accordingly.

ItemSword provides an example that increases the player's attack damage, but it is easy to modify to apply it to max health instead.

In your case especially, I would only use an event such as LivingUpdateEvent as an absolute last resort, though if you don't want the modifier to apply when held, then it may be necessary.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh boys, so I just started everything yesterday and apparently, it's way different from when I was coding 2 years ago. I'll try to get to the same point again before even trying to get this bonus health added :D Still need to understand why they changed the way textures was working. Once I'm used to it , I guess everything will go faster.