Forge not creating version .jar files?

zhubwat

This is my first forum post so, if I muck up or get things wrong just let me know for future instances.

So, I don't know what's going on, I don't know much about computers or programming or anything like that but, the issue is..

I run the installer, browse to my Minecraft installation folder, then, I click install client and OK to finish it. Then, I open up Minecraft and I notice that there isn't a Forge profile pre-made like usual. Thinking this is just a regular problem, I go to create a new profile with the forge version, and there's no forge version in the list. I've installed Forge and mods before (I didn't install Forge with mods in the mods folder, I just wanted to do it, run forge and add mods in after.) so, I expected the Forge version to be on the top of the list. It's not there. I scroll from top to bottom and no forge version. I check the Minecraft version folder in my directory and I look in the forge version folder. All that's there is a .json file, which I know is wrong because every working version I have has a .jar file as well. I've been sitting here for hours trying to get this to work. I've even tried multiple versions. I'm trying to install Forge for 1.7.10 but, I tried even 1.8 versions and NONE of them created .jar files. I tried installing a older version of 1.7.10, nothing. I've been using the installer like usual and I even tried a different Minecraft directory in hope of something just working. I believe the lack of .jar files is the issue but, I honestly have no clue, I don't have much to work with as, it's not a game crash, the whole of Forge just lacks to exist in my launcher and the launched game. After trying things left and right, I all of a sudden have a Forge profile pre-made. I click on the edit button for the profile and I see the version dropdown menu and still, no Forge version. I then go to the Profile editor TAB on the launcher and it has Version listed as '1.7.10-Forge10.13.4.1614-1.7.10' (the version I'm trying to install, the latest version.) I click play with that profile on and it opens up Minecraft. The only problem? It WAS running 1.8.9 and the version listed in the tab was apparently just a facade. So, all fails, I need help.

Cheesy

One is in the same folder as you ran the installer

The other is in the log tab of the launcher.

Either way post them and someone will respond, its 1am my time, time for bed.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I found one.

[21:37:38 INFO]: Minecraft Launcher 1.6.48 (through bootstrap 100) started on windows...

[21:37:38 INFO]: Current time is Jan 25, 2016 9:37:38 PM

[21:37:38 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Windows 10'

[21:37:38 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.version') == '10.0'

[21:37:38 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'

[21:37:38 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.8.0_25'

[21:37:38 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'

[21:37:38 INFO]: System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'

[21:37:38 INFO]: proxy == DIRECT

[21:37:38 INFO]: JFX is already initialized

[21:37:38 INFO]: Refreshing local version list...

[21:37:38 INFO]: Refreshing remote version list...

[21:37:40 INFO]: Refresh complete.

[21:37:40 INFO]: Loaded 3 profile(s); selected 'zhubwat SNAPSHOTS'

[21:37:40 INFO]: Refreshing auth...

[21:37:40 INFO]: Logging in with access token

I used the .exe download instead of the .msi.

Cheesy

• 3 years later...

Same problem. Found no fix so far. And he says they don't install .jar files as it is unnecessary but I still had one downloaded anyways on the latest version ((that one works but I am recently trying to install an older forge version for older mods) Also not saying he's wrong.I wouldn't know. just posting my experience). But yeh Idk how to fix. : \

Edit: I also found that in another folder only one .jar file was downloaded and is missing the  Client and Universal .jar files.0Capture.PNG.b920c5a4f5576cc875227262a7229eaa.PNGCapture.PNG.f76a80f9e93f3baa7b3113a16079d92f.PNG

Edited by C0RiX

• Guest locked this topic