[Solved][CustomNPC 1.8] Any possibility of spawning NPCs from scripts?

neumond

Hi, thank you for amazing mod you've made. But I've tried lots of things to spawn NPCs from my script and this just didn't work, mod just ignores (continuing execution without any stacktraces/messages) world.spawnClone, npc.executeCommand. Tried even doing "noppes npc Name create" from command block, but this wrote "Player only" inside interface of command block as last error message. How can I spawn NPC from my python scripts?

Oh, I'm trying to do wrong thing. Just found actual (for me) version of API: https://github.com/Noppes/CustomNPCsAPI/tree/1.8.0/noppes/npcs/api

from noppes.npcs.api import NpcAPI

api = NpcAPI.Instance()

new_npc = api.createNPC(world.getMCWorld())

print(type(new_npc))

Currently it gives me NPCWrapper instance without errors. Trying further..

Solved. Things are much more easier than I thought.

1. Take cloner tool, use it on NPC. In opened dialog remember "tab" and "name" parameters, choose server side and save.

2. Now just

world.spawnClone(x, y, z, tab, name)

e.g.:

world.spawnClone(90, 109, 465, 1, 'Ristai')

Yes looks like you figured out you shouldnt use the github code if you are scripting. That is purely for when you want to make an actual mod and hook it into my code.

world.spawnClone is indeed the best way to do it. Glad you figured that out on your own ^^

• 1 month later...

Hi, I expect i'm just being dense but I am unable to get world.spawnClone() to do anything as it just spits out "NameError: name 'world' is not defined"

Do I need to import anything anywhere? The closest I have gotten is what is said to be wrong.

from noppes.npcs.api import NpcAPI
api = NpcAPI.Instance()
new_npc = api.createNPC(world.getMCWorld())
print(type(new_npc))

But again it fails on "world".

Then I try things like:

import noppes 
noppes.npcs.api.block.IBlock.getWorld()

It spits out "getWorld(): expected 1 args; got 0"

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

MC 1.8.9

Mod Version 1.8.8/9

Forge 1.8.9-11.15.1.1722

jython-standalone-2.7.0

• 7 months later...

I really need help i'm using custom npcs on 1.7.10 and i'm trying to spawn a npc to a certain spot but i just can't do it.

I've saved a npc called josh to server side in tab 1 but i just cant get him to spawn where i want. I've tried /world.spawnClone(-1079, 67, 214 1, 'josh') and tried different ways of typing it even putting noppes at the start but it just says Unknown command.

I also tried /noppes clone spawn josh 1 0:overworld]-1079,67,214 josh I've tried that with space and commas and spaces and no commas or with not over world but it either spawn him in me and not where i want him to spawn or he just doesn't spawn at all and no messages appear so I've done something wrong.

I just want to know how to spawn a saved npc in a certain spot without any missing stuff just tell me what to type and I've given the name and the place i want him to spawn so just type it if you were going to do it.