Graphical x-ray background using forge 1.8.9 with my resourcepack

Norzeteus

Hello mates!

I don`t know, if I'm right here. I created a Space-resourcepack with some 3D objects a while ago and it works fine with Optifine. So now I wanted to extend this pack,making some mods to add some blocks and stuff etc. But when I`ll use my pack with forge, the 3D objects get x-ray background (I retextured stairs for this models).Ok,it will be

cullface,but why does it work in Vanilla and makes x-ray in forge? Does somebody know,how to fix this problem?

I add some images, one in Vanilla and one with forge

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better....

Minecraft assumes that every block is an opaque cube unless told otherwise (i.e. the block overrides

Block#isOpaqueCube

to return

false

). Minecraft won't render a block face if it's being covered by an opaque cube, because the player wouldn't be able to see it anyway.

Minecraft doesn't actually analyse models to determine if they're opaque cubes, so you get this x-ray effect when you use a custom model that isn't an opaque cube for a block that Minecraft thinks is one.

I don't know what OptiFine's doing behind the scenes, it's possible that it analyses models instead of relying on

Block#isOpaqueCube

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Ok, I´ll understand this, But why does it WORK in Vanilla (also without Optifine,it´s be used for CTM textures) and forge makes glitches?

If it works in vanilla without OptiFine or any other mod, I'm not too sure what's going on. I assumed the face culling based on

Block#isOpaqueCube

was vanilla behaviour.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Sadly you have to follow the basic rules that are put in place for blocks.

The reason it 'bugs' out in Forge is because we treat stairs {and slabs, and other blocks} correctly allowing for the proper sides that are solid to be detected as solid.

This is what allows us to let torches stay on the sides of stairs, or to have mods have covers that are treated as solid. Things like that.

There may be a way to trick it into not doing this by making the solid block you're placing against not have any cull faces but that would be a waste for the rest of the world.

I would just say, even tho that model looks cool, you need to keep some semblance of the same shapes as vanilla.

Else your torches would look weird when placed on them as well.

Remember that Minecraft knows about the blocks in code, and nothing about resources can change what the game thinks the blocks are shaped as.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon