1.8.9 trying to understand ISmartItemModel[solved]

UberAffe

I've been looking at examples and reading any tutorials I can find but it's just not clicking for me.

I am trying to generate an ItemModel from nbt. I have a set of parts, each part has information about its location(relative to a 16x16x16 cube), it's RGBA and eventually its quad once I figure out how this works. I am trying to stitch this information together to create the model.

I am unsure what other information would be need to for someone to actually help, so I will either provide whatever people ask for or do my best implement what I am missing and then bring it back here.

Current Project: Armerger 

Planned mods: Light Drafter  | Ore Swords

Looking for help getting a mod off the ground? Coding  | Textures

Ok, so right now I have a registry of all available Draftable items that gets maintained server side and a client side registry that gets updated by the server. So I will probably want to generate my model for each Draftable when it gets updated from the server.

public DraftableSmartItemModel implements ISmartItemModel{

@Override
   public IFlexibleBakedModel handleItemState(ItemStack stack) {
      IFlexibleBakedModel model = null;
      if(stack.getTagCompound().hasKey(Refs.DRAFTABLE) && stack.model == null)
         model = DraftableReg.GetModel(stack.getTagCompound().getString(Refs.DRAFTABLE));
      return model;
   }

}

I assume that this is not unique per ItemStack, meaning that I would have to do it this way and not have model as a private class variable.

Next part:

From what I can tell I will still need to used BakedQuads for my model. So I looked into BakedQuads and FaceBakery for the vertex information, but what is happing with shadecolor and is this where I would store my RGBA information?

This is what is getting stored in shade color from FaceBakery, which appears to be a range of magenta - blue but I really don't know what is going on in that return. I recognize the shift left but thats it.

private int getFaceShadeColor(EnumFacing facing)
    {
        float f = this.getFaceBrightness(facing);
        int i = MathHelper.clamp_int((int)(f * 255.0F), 0, 255);
        return -16777216 | i << 16 | i << 8 | i;
    }

I am planning something like this:

DraftableBakedModel implements IFlexibleBakedModel{

private List<BakedQuad> quads = new ArrayList<BakedQuad>();

public DraftableBakedModel(IDraftable draft){
      HashMap<String, IPartType> parts = draft.getParts();
      for(int i = x; x < 16; x++)
         for(int y = 0; y < 16; y++)
            for(int z = 0; z < 16; z++)
               if(parts.contain(x + "," + y + "," z))
                  quads.addAll(getQuadFrom(parts.get(x + "," + y + "," z), x, y, z);

}

//x, y, z specify the relative top, left, front, for the part to base it's vertices from.
   private List<BakedQuad> getQuadFrom(IPartType part,int x, int y, int z){
      // part has relative vertex information and RGBA for the color and transparency
      // that this part should render with.
      // each part can be thought of as a semi transparent, single color cube
      // although they may not actually be cubes
   }

}

1. is this the correct place to be specifying a color to render with?

2. it seems like each vertex of Baked Quad only has 1 variable for color, so how do I store the color?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.